This question has been flagged
12 Replies

Can anyone explain how to set holidays for the country that the customer is using and set those days as not working for the users in the system?

Discard

is it the coutry of a customer or the country of a user?

i guess it's holidays for employees... so for users. OpenERP doesn't manage holidays of customers (it would be pretty useless, no? :p). The "customer" here is probably the owner of the OpenERP instance.

Author

Customer is the owner, sorry for the mixup

Best Answer

Firstly tag your employees by country, so I would give them an "England" tag for those getting English bank holidays and "Scotland" for those getting Scottish holidays etc.

Set up a leave type of public holidays, you can give it a meeting type of public holidays too.

create an allocation request for the full number of holidays in the year and leave type public holidays, set the allocation mode to be by tag and choose your "England" employee tag to apply it to.

now for each day that is a bank holiday create a leave request, again do it by employee tag so they all get the holiday together. Do this for all the holidays in the year and that should use up the allocation in full.

Discard

This really should be automatized by the official addon, IMO. It has been a long standing issue (I found traces of this discussion in 2007...) which really needs to be tackled by the editor.

quite agree, maybe there should be a public holidays wizard or something to apply all the required bits automatically.

seems a bit strange to me that public holidays are not being defined somewhere at 'contract', or 'Working Schedule"

What you say make sense for me , but I did everything that you said. But this part "now for each day that is a bank holiday create a leave request, again do it by employee tag so they all get the holiday together" I can not do it, because in my Odoo the Mode is readonly If I go through the menu Leave request... code ( ) In my installation is missing some configuration ?

How Can I create a holiday request using employee tag? that field is not editable now.

Is there any way I can make it editable as in 'Leaves Allocation' page.

Best Answer

HI Ana, You can check this module may helps you : https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/11.0/dev_public_holiday/

Discard
Best Answer

May be this can help you: Do a search in LAUNCHPAD for " Human resource next generation" or "addons-hr-ng" or "mmakonnen hr-ng", you will find what you need.

Discard

Can you guide me on how to use that module you suggested? It is so confusing for me.