This question has been flagged
7 Replies

Hi, Is there any module / configuration which give the possibility to check the stock when the procurement method is "make to order"?

Details: REAL Current process of my customer working with make to order (what they do in real life): 1) Record customer order. 2) Check the stock in case there is some stock. 3) Make a purchase order with the required quantity (sales order quantity - available stock quantity).

"Make to order" means that only sales order will launch purchase order. However, customer can have some stock due to different reasons (MOQ. return products, canceled customer order). For all these reasons, the purchasers need to double check the stock before issuing the purchase order.

OPENERP Process: Make to order: do not check the stock at all. Make to stock: some configuration could be done with stock orderpoint = 0... However, it's not make to order and so you loose the important info related to the sales order (source document). Moreover, it's not intuitive for customer because they are working on make to order.

Another process should be a 3rd solution: make to order with stock checking. 1) Record a sales order. 2) Check the stock for related product. 3) Make a draft purchase order with the quantity = sales order quantity - stock available quantity. 4) Get a message on the purchase order that one part of the order come from the stock (customized view with order level).

Is anyone who worked / developed module / configuration for such a process?

Discard

You will need to modify mrp schedule (search for this function in scheduler technical data) and for to check stock before execute auto procurement. Our developer is doing this patch for us now. Will ask them to show the code when it's done.

Greetings Trung, any development on the module so far?

I am looking for this solution as well and find it to be very problematic. This is a common method for fulfillment that OpenERP should handle. Anyone have any updates?

Hi Nicolas, I have the same need as you. I've been testing a product with the following configuration: buy make to stock Reordering rule: min: 0 max: 0 multiple: 1 When I create a sales order with X units, the scheduler creates a purchase order for X units if no units on stock. If I have 4 units (quantity available) in stock and the sales order is 10 units, then a purchase order of 6 units missing is created. I think this is what you were asking. No? Please note, I have not tested on a production system. I do not know if this setting min = 0 and max = 0 may cause a problem in another section. If someone with more experience can confirm that this works, I'd appreciate it.

I would like to have this option too. I manufacture products sometimes for stock sometimes for orders, some products i am buying for future use, some not. Possibility to check stock is the best workflow! Purchase only what is needed if stock has too few raw products.

waiting for solution too

I am looking for this solution too. This is 8 months after the issue was raised initially. Trung, any luck with your developers and if so can you please share with us? As a suggestion, perhaps add a setting under Warehouse configuration such as "Always fulfill orders from stock first" which is when ticked will make the system check for stock level first before generating a purchase order.

I find it hard to believe this hasn't yet been addressed. There must be someone who's solved this issue. We just need to find them.

Best Answer

I believe I have figured out how the workflow is set up to solve this issue without having to make a customization. When you have a product that you stock, but you dropship it when your stock levels run out, do the following.

Product Set Up: Stockable product Make to stock Supply method: buy

1. Enter and confirm the sales order.
  2. Click Check Availability on the delivery order.
  3. Run the scheduler At this point if it was a MtO product a PO quote would be created. Since this is a MtS product, there will be a procurement exception created indicating: "Not enough stock and no minimum orderpoint rule defined"
  4. Within the procurement exception, click the retry button.
  5. Click edit, and change the procurement method to Make to Order.
  6. Save the procurement exception and click Run Procurement again

At this point the OpenERP workflow processes this backorder as a MtO product and a purchase order quote will automatically be generated and tied to this sales order.

I do believe that another product type such as "Make to Stock First, Make to Order Second" would be better and I hope that OpenERP adds this functionality so that this is done automatically. But in the meantime, this is how it can be done without making major changes to your installation.

Discard
Best Answer

We have this function developed for openerp7 (ecommerce operation) by Trobz. We did not control the source code so you should contact http://trobz.com/ for the code. Basically we alter the mrp_scheduler to check for existing stock before rasing purchase order of Make to order product type. 

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

I solved this issue very simple way. We work on 9v. Same setup principle in any other version.

For product what can be sold I always make Manufacture and Make to order. If this saleable product do not have manufacturing process I create BOM anyway and add e.g packaging.  For products to purchase what include in product for sale I setup Buy and create procurement order setup Minimum Quantity 0, Maximum quantity 0 and Quantity Multiple 1 in product template need to setup supplier. If you need some quantity always available on stock  setup Minimum quantity number you needed.

For products to manufacture and all lower level products what include in product for sale I setup Manufacture and create procurement order setup Minimum Quantity 0, Maximum quantity 0 and Quantity Multiple 1. If you need some quantity always available on stock  setup Minimum quantity number you needed.

In settings -> Automation -> Scheduled Actions  -> Check Action Rules Interval Number 5 min

When you create Sale order, program will create Manufacturing order  if some parts will be missing in stock  program after 5 min will create purchase order or manufacturing order for missing parts.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mindaugas

Discard
Best Answer

In Odoo16 just change MTO route's rules supply method Trigger Another Rule to Take From StockTrigger Another RuleTake From Stock, if unavailable.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello All,

Get this app for all in one solution:Make To Order For Required Stock

Discard
Best Answer

In v11, the solution given by Josh (Reordering rule: min: 0 max: 0 multiple: 1) works fine.
Thanks, Josh!

Discard
Best Answer

Hello

Does anyone know whether this problem is solved in v8?

regards

Jan

Discard