This question has been flagged
8 Replies

Hi all,

I have installed openerp-allinone-setup-7.0-latest in windows server 2008 R2.

I have configured the outgoing email servers and Test Connection. The message “Connection test succeeded! Everything seems properly set up!” but I failed to send out an email. May I know what is the problem?

Should I modify the configuration in openerp-server.conf as below?

specify the SMTP email address for sending email

email_from = False

specify the SMTP server for sending email

smtp_server = localhost

specify the SMTP port

smtp_port = 25

specify the SMTP server support SSL or not

smtp_ssl = False

specify the SMTP username for sending email

smtp_user = False

specify the SMTP password for sending email

smtp_password = False

Many thanks.

Discard

@ Jessie Goto Settings--> General Settings --> Configure the Outgoing Email Server --> create new--> Description: Gmail, smtp server: smtp.gmail.com, Smtp port: 465, Debugging marked, connection security: SSL/TLS, Gmail username, password, now click Test connection, result is Connection test succeeded! Everything seems properly set up! . check it.

I have done this all, but still not able to go ahead, please suggest something else. I am able to see all the sent mail details in LOGS.

Best Answer

In setting > technical > email > outgoing mail server :

try to configure it with :

Smtp server: smtp.gmail.com

Smtp port: 465

Connection Security: SSL/TLS

Enable debugging mode and provide your username: user@gmail.com and password.

Now save it and click Test connection.

Result: Connection test succeeded!Everything seems properly set up!

Now go to Messaging menu in and click on Compose a new message and send a message.

Hope this works :) .

Regards,

Discard
Best Answer

I was able to get past this error by populating the "Email" field in the company information for the company I have setup. Just mouse over the company icon in the upper-left hand side and click "Edit Company data". When the company information form appears fill in an email address on the right hand side of the form. This email address field is used for the sending address when creating a new user. When creating a new user before this information has been populated a misleading error is displayed on the page that "Cannot send email: No outbound email servers are defined...", but this is not accurate. This error is displayed even when outbound SMTP servers have been configured. A full write-up of this can be found under bug 1160819.

Discard

Thank you very much!

Best Answer

@ Jessie Goto Settings--> General Settings --> Configure the Outgoing Email Server --> create new--> Description: Gmail, smtp server: smtp.gmail.com, Smtp port: 465, Debugging marked, connection security: SSL/TLS, Gmail username, password, now click Test connection, result is Connection test succeeded! Everything seems properly set up! . check it.

Discard
Best Answer

I fixed this for my installation. It seems that there is something broken possibly in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp/addons/mail/mail_mail.py or /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_mail_server.py that doesn't allow getting the smtp_user variable.

I saw the following error in my log file (my email addresses and domain names have been edited to make them generic):

"MailDeliveryException: (u'Mail delivery failed', u'Mail delivery failed via SMTP server \'mail.mydomain.com\'.\nSMTPRecipientsRefused: {\'myname@mydomain.com\': (550, \'Verification failed for <postmaster-odoo@mydomain.com>\\nNo Such User Here"\\nSender verify failed\')}')"

If it doesn't get the smtp_user and if the variable for mail.catchall.alias is not set (as noted in line 372 of /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_mail_server.py), it will put in "postmaster-odoo" as the user in the from address, i.e, postmaster-odoo@mydomain.com.

So, for a work-around, I just edited /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_mail_server.py line 379 and changed "postmaster-odoo" to "admin", since my SMTP user mail account is admin@mydomain.com. For your case, just change it to whatever the user part of the email address is. It will get the domain correctly put in there.

So, change this:

get_param = self.pool['ir.config_parameter'].get_param
        postmaster = get_param(cr, SUPERUSER_ID, 'mail.catchall.alias',
                               default='postmaster-odoo',
                               context=context,)
        domain = get_param(cr, SUPERUSER_ID, 'mail.catchall.domain', context=context)
        if postmaster and domain:
            return '%s@%s' % (postmaster, domain)

to this:

get_param = self.pool['ir.config_parameter'].get_param
        postmaster = get_param(cr, SUPERUSER_ID, 'mail.catchall.alias',
                               default='admin',
                               context=context,)
        domain = get_param(cr, SUPERUSER_ID, 'mail.catchall.domain', context=context)
        if postmaster and domain:
            return '%s@%s' % (postmaster, domain)

I hope this solves it for someone.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi,

Thanks for help.

I successfully send an email out if compose a new message but I cannot send an invitation email (Users -> Send an invitation email). The error message is as below although i already configure the outgoing email.

Cannot send email: no outgoing email server configured. You can configure it under Settings/General Settings.

Thanks.

Regards, Jessie

Discard

I am having this same problem. When I go to "General Settings" the "Configure outgoing email servers" link takes me to where I have already setup the outgoing servers, and have testing the connection successfully... But when I go to send a new user an invitation I get the same error that Jessie is getting. I do not see where else to configure/select the outgoing email server that I have defined for this company.

I am facing same issue. unable to invite but am able to send messages... Please suggest..

Even I am facing the same problem. Connection Test succeeds when configuring SMTP (I did it with Amazon SES SMTP and then saved it), but when I try to add a user it says that no Outgoing SMTP Server is configured.

You must populate the "Email" field in the company information form for the company you have setup in your system. The error message is misleading and should be more specific. What it should say is "There is no email address to use for the 'From:' address, please update the Email address information for your company."

I did populate the Email field for my company but I'm still getting that misleading error, even I tested successsfully the configuration of the outgoing mail. Anyone's got another clue that can help on the case? Thanx

I did populate the Email field for my company but I'm still getting that misleading error, even I tested successsfully the configuration of the outgoing mail. Anyone's got another clue that can help on the case? Thanx

did any one find the solution for this issue ? i face the same problem and i didn't find how to fix it .

Best Answer

did any one find the solution of that error ? i face same problem 

Discard