This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hello,

To download addons via bzr is very slow.

How can I get fast it, all addons.

Discard
Best Answer

There are more options still using Bazaar:

1. Lightweight checkout

The lightweight checkout is faster than branch since it doesn't download the full history, and it's also updatable, usging bzr update. It still takes some time.

bzr checkout --lightweight lp:openobject-addons/7.0

2. Export

You may also try this, but the downloaded source code is not updatable:

bzr export addons-v7 lp:openobject-addons/7.0

A --format=tgz option can be added to the export command, to get a .tar.gz file, but I'm not sure that is faster. There's a good chance that the zipping is done on the client, so that no time is gained in the download.

Discard
Author

I have tested both steps, its really batter and speedy is --lightweight first option. but if does not wants updates then second options.

Thank you @Daniel

Best Answer

Try to get it from OpenERP Nightly builds

Discard

nightly.openerp.com/ and choose all in in one src or else you will get it in few seconds.

Author

@Twinkle: Does any github repository where daily updates are maintain.

Best Answer

Try this way sample link, https://code.launchpad.net/~mmakonnen/openobject-addons/point_of_sale_enhanced-70 click--> Browse the code Button --> View Version --> Download tarball now full addon will download within few within few minutes. comparing to bazzar it is very fast try it.

Regards Sridharan G

Discard

My download interrupted when I tried downloading it in Downloads folder. But when I selected home folder for download then it works fine. So make sure if your download interrupted try to download in home folder.

Now you got file from lauchpad right.

Yes Sridhar. I got error before when I tried to download in other folder except home folder. Now it works fine in home folder.

if u put save file means it will automatically save in a downloads only.

Best Answer

Hi to all,

i feel really bad, but i need to understand something, when i download the point_of_sale_enhanced-70 module, i can see that is a folder, and when i put in the addons folder and restarted the openerp server, the module point_of_sale_enhanced-70 is not available in the module list (even if i remove the "installed" filter). Inside the folder, i can see the other folders that match with other modules. So, the question is, should i replace the folders from addons/point_of_sale_enhanced-70 to addons? or is there another way to install this module?

Thanks for your patience Best Regards Martin

Discard

Activate the Technical Features access right for the current user and then you should see the Update Modules List, click it to update your modules list.

Hi Karim, yes, i already set this feature in the user preference. Actually i was able to install other one (7.0-base_synchro) from the community repository.

Thanks for your answer

You are welcome.