This question has been flagged
13 Replies

The date actually appears in this format : "month/day/year", and i'd like it to appear in the format "day/month/year". How is it possible ? Thanks

Discard

But how to change date format for a particular field?

Best Answer

In Settings/Translations/Languages, you can change the date format for the language you use.

But you have to give technical features access to your admin user to see this menu.

Aline

Discard

This allows you to input the date in the chosen format. Upon saving , the display reverts to mm/dd/yyyy format. I tried this in HR. i do not know about the other modules. The field i tried was DOB.

The given procedure is working for me, even when I am using english as a language and the users have Dutch. I can change the format from mm/dd/yyyy to dd-mm-yyyy and they will see the date correctly.

My admin and current user uses the French language and i must the English (which i think is the system language) date format language to see it applied in my invoices.

Best Answer

in OpenERP backend:

settings -> translations -> languages -> choose your language to edit -> edit -> Date Format field
Discard

This allows you to input the date in the chosen format. Upon saving , the display reverts to mm/dd/yyyy format. I tried this in HR. i do not know about the other modules. The field i tried was DOB.

Best Answer

Through code ...

<record id="base.lang_en" model="res.lang">
    <field name="date_format">%d-%b-%Y</field>
</record>
This is working in odoo 10..

Discard
Best Answer

I was also stuck with this. Changing the date format in the Settings/Translations/Languages seemed to have no effect (I even changed both the en_US and en_UK settings). Then I realised I hadn't changed the language setting in my own user preferences (top right hand corner -- User/Preferences/Lanuage). Select the language which you have changed the date format for and save.

This may not be the source of your problem but it may help someone else.

Bill.

Discard
Best Answer

I only have 

settings -> loading a translation

Discard

You need to activate the developer mode, otherwise you won't see the extended menu.

Best Answer

Discard
Best Answer

You can use http://bit.ly/2zIO8JN to change the date format. 

Discard