This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hi,

Under the invoice section there is validate button to generate the invoice number. I want the button to be displayed for only specific users and the button should be invisible for other groups.

When i create a user, it has three categories under Accounting and Finance namely Billing, Accountant, Advisor. Here i want the validate button to be displayed only for users who are either listed as Billing or as Accountant. I want to know to what group the users billing, accountant and advisor belong to?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi

Billing group is the accounting user
Accountant group is the accounting second level user (He can access all from Billing group and his own access )

Adviser  group is the accounting Manager (He can access all from Billing,Accountant groups and his own access )
So you have to inherit validate button and then add Accountant or Adviser group (by default Billing group have validate button access)

The list of available users you can see from the groups menu, your group

Note : if not possible to inherit and add groups attribute, you can replace it

Discard
Author

Hi Subbarao,

I have inherited the validate button and now i want the button to be shown only for advisor. The advisor group is defined as

<record id="account.group_account_manager" model="res.groups">

<field name="name">Advisor</field>

<field name="implied_ids" eval="[(3, ref('account.group_account_invoice')), (4, ref('account.group_account_user'))]"/>

</record>

under the account_accountant module. Now the problem as you see is that the id of this is the id of another group in account module so now how do i access this group for my button? Any ideas are welcomed.

Thank you

Best Answer

Hi,

The name you have specified Billing, Accountant and Advisor are the user groups in the accounting module, once you limit a button or model to specified group, then the visibility/accessibility will be restricted to the users in that group.

Thanks

Discard
Author

Hi,

I know that they are groups, I want to know what groups they belong to like the name? Where do I find it?

Author

How do i limit a button to a specific group?