This question has been flagged

When I add a User in the software settings, it is directly added to customer menu. I don't want software users to directly get added to customer menu. How to restrict users from showing up in customer menu?

Also, how to assign a customer the user rights of the software?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Arpit Thakar,

Software users means, they are the employees of the company.

So when a user is created the same time same named partner will generate.

if you look at the customer menu you can see there is filter.

then the employees are not listed under the menu.
if need to restrict them in Many2one field the n do one thing,
just set a domain for thet field.

domain="[('customer','=',True)

It will solve your issue.

If you need to remove the creation of res.partner from the user, its not a good practice. 

Regards

Nikhilkrishnan

Discard
Author

Hi Nikhil,

I have already added a filter 'Customers' in customer menu. In-spite of having a filter, users are shown in the customer menu.

To get more clarity, I crossed checked with demo database, and in that database when I add a user, it remains as a user and it doesn't show up in customer menu.

Kindly provide a solution for this.

Can you please check the customer records, under the sales and purchase tab there is a field 'is a customer' please uncheck the field, then no records coming under the customer menu.

On Thu, 7 Feb, 2019, 3:00 PM Arpit Thakar <arpitthakar90@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Nikhil,

I have already added a filter 'Customers' in customer menu. In-spite of having a filter, users are shown in the customer menu.

To get more clarity, I crossed checked with demo database, and in that database when I add a user, it remains as a user and it doesn't show up in customer menu.

Kindly provide a solution for this.

Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo.