This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello!

I just recently moved my odoo instance to Microsoft azure cloud computing. It's being hosted on a VM running Ubuntu 16.04, and I'm currently using odoo v11. 

Every couple of days, somwthing happens and my VM becomes unresponsive. I haven't been able to figure out why yet, but even if I do, making this more reliable is still desirable. 

In my head, I imagine having 2 VMS running odoo, both referencing the same external SQL database. That way, I can have the domain point to both to help with load balancing and redundancy. Is this possible, or are there other less complicated solutions?

Thanks for the help!

Discard
Best Answer

Firstly check your logs if there are any errors, then check your config - have you set the number of workers etc correctly.

" I imagine having 2 VMS running odoo, both referencing the same external SQL database" - you can use the db_host in Odoo config for that. Database can be on a different server than the rest. Please see this topic for more details:
https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-install-openerp-s-db-in-rds-amazon-and-link-to-ec2-amazon-42383
If you want to go even further - use CDN feature and keep images etc. in different place.

Discard