This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Is it possible to store an expiration date for a product without storing a lot number for that product? 

The only option I found is defining expiry dates for lots not directly for products. 

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Eslam,

How would you track the product's expiry date if you have bought them multiple times?

Ex: If I have purchased product A in 20th of January and again purchasing product A in 30th of January, how would I track the expiry date of the products which are bought on 20th January and on 30th of January?

For this we need lots and based on lots we can track the expiry date.

Discard
Author Best Answer

@sudhir Arya, 

I did not get your example. Are you speaking about how Odoo implement it or from a practical point of view? 

Regarding you example, Would you assign 2 different lot numbers for product A when it comes with 2 expiration dates? If so, then it's the same thing. Identifying product A with 2 expiry dates or with 2 lot numbers is the same. Both of them are unique identifiers. If you mean assigning the two expiration dates to one lot no then I do not know how you would do that when they are absolutely 2 different lots otherwise why do they have 2 different expiration dates?!
Discard