This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hello folks,

Can you guys help me make sense of this 3 error messages reported by the Odoo App Store after I uploaded my module ?

1/ "This module has no icon" 
I have one in static/description/icon.png and another in static/img/icon.png - I still get the error message tho'
2/ "This module has no cover image (thumbnail)"
Can't find the specs on this one. I tried by setting static/description/banner.png like many modules I could find on the store but it is not working either.
3/ "This module has a non htm description".
I am reading everywhere that this is due to the presence of the README.rst at the root of my module BUT github needs this one so I am puzzled. Moreover, I actually an html description in static/description/index.html AND it is the one that is being picked up and displayed by the store. So why the error message ? Mystery.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Discard
Best Answer

It is common error - refresh your repository couple of times and it will load without errors.
As your icon, thumbnail and description is visible this error won't affect your sales/downloads

Discard
Best Answer

I found it. I have the exact same issue, and it's now fixed.

All the images that you will be using must be declared in the `images` section of your `__manifest__.py`.  Not only the banner and icon, but also any other screenshots that you mean to display in the `Description` section.

```

"images": ['static/images/banner.png', 'static/description/icon.png', 'static/images/banner.png', 'static/images/thubmnail1.png'],

```

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks for your answer @Piotr,

By "refresh your repository" I guess you mean perform a commit on the repository ? If so I did a bunch of them and it is not being re scanned by the Odoo agent. Moreover, The error/comment message on my module tend to suggest that I can trigger the re-scan whenever while I have noticed the daily scan actually runs once every day around 3 AM CET.

[UPDATE] Finally got to understand what you guys meant bu "re-scan". For others who are too slow to get it like I am , re-scan means going in your apps dashborad ( here: https://apps.odoo.com/apps/dashboard ) , selecting  "Repositories" in the left menu, and clicking on the "scan" option right next to the repo you want to re-scan. By doing this I managed to reach a 4/5 score as the "This module has no cover image (thumbnail)" error message remains a mystery. 

Discard

Yeah, I meant re-scanning the repo. It works for other so should work for you. I would recommend to download any free module with icon and description and then check what is the difference.

If this does not work l would report an issue - they are quite responsive.