This question has been flagged
3 Replies

An overpayment ends up as an credit that can be applied to any other open Invoice for that customer. So I created a example:

1) Create invoice with overpayment for amount -30.00 

2) I have  30.00  credit for this client (it is a credit on their ACCOUNT)

3) create a new invoice over 100.00  for this particular client, and the creditline with 30.00  is visible

4) I reedem this credit to this invoice -- the Total amount of the invoice should change to 70.00 becose YOU HAVE TO SEND THIS CLIENT A INVOICE Total minus the credit.

5) The Total amount of this invoice keeps on 100.00 -- its not possible to create the correct invoice with the 70.00

Workflow is broken.

What is the current behavior that you observe?

this issue happens on all Odoo versions (enterprise and comunity and online as well)

What would be your expected behavior in this case?

If you reedem a credit on a invoice the Total amount has to change becose you need to create a invoice with the Total minus the Credit. With the current function its not possible to create a invoice with the correct Total amount.

Discard

The total amount is 100 and remains 100 as this is the value of goods or services to be invoiced. Only the amount due is supposed to change.

Author Best Answer

@Ermin: In a credit workflow connected to the invoice the Total amount has to change becose this is on the invoice you gonna send to the customer. The Amount Due is not on the invoice (this is just a internal information) and that is fine like it is.

@Ray: yes I agree with you, this is working fine but the concept is wrong. The credit has to change the Total amount as well.

The workflow is like:

1) you create new invoice about 100 bugs you gonna send to the customer X

2) odoo is showing the credit 30 for this customer, you reedem this credit for this invoice

3) you create PDF for this invoice and like to send this invoice to customer -- but you see on invoice that Total is still 100, but you like to send invoice about 70 becose the credit for 30 was used for this invoice.

>> workflow is broken. Its not possible to create invoice with the correct amount of 70

Discard

I understand what you want. I disagree Odoo is broken. I haven't been asked to have it work this way.

Author

After a while of research I found out that Odoo recognizes that this is a workflow lack. For the enterprise version they made a improovement that you can show the amount due line on the invoice as well -- now this feature makes sense and you can create a correct invoice for the client including the credit line.

I'm looking now for a solution with community v10, if someon has it done already, please share it here. I would apprechiate

Author

here you can see the video how it works correctly in enterprise

https://www.clixmedia.ch/Jul6201811_58AM.webm

Best Answer

I just tried this and it worked fine.

After creating the first Invoice and overpaying it, this is what is shown at the bottom of the second Invoice BEFORE applying the credit:

This is what is shown AFTER applying the credit:

This is what is shown to the Customer when they are emailed the second Invoice:

Perhaps you have something misconfigured?  Check how this works on http://runbot.odoo.com to verify on a correctly configured system.

Discard