This question has been flagged
14 Replies

Hello all,

I'm with Odoo 10 community.

I need the external_id column when importing product. Because I want to reimport many times the same products.

So, I want to check the "Show fields of relation fields (advanced)" option on the import page. But I can't check the box. Even with admin in debug mode.

How could I check this box?

Edit #1

In the code of /home/odoo-10/odoo-10.0/addons/base_import/static/src/xml/base_import.xml, the box is defined like this :

<input type="checkbox" class="oe_import_advanced_mode" disabled="disabled"
                       id="oe_import_advanced_mode"/>

Why disabled????

EDIT #2

No trace of 'oe_import_advanced_mode' in the odoo 10 enterprise code... ??? What is this? I don't understand!

EDIT #3

I have tried removing the "disabled="disabled"" in the code and updating the module base_import. But when I check the box, it comes back disabled as soon.

Discard

I am having the same problem. In my local development version it works, probably a bit different version?

Author

My importation was right finally. If your fields are well declared in the header of your csv/excel file, odoo will recognize them (even if they are many2one and other relationnal fields). After two or 3 importation tests, all my header was correctly set. But the checkbox was always disabled. Never manage to enable this checkbox. But you can import anything without this checkbox.

Best Answer

I reccomend to copy the files that you have to modify.

First of all you, on the base_import.xml file find a line like:

<input type="checkbox" class="oe_import_advanced_mode" disabled="disabled" id="oe_import_advanced_mode"/>

Modify the line to:

<input type="checkbox" class="oe_import_advanced_mode" id="oe_import_advanced_mode"/>

After that, you have to modify the base_import.js file (which is located on /YourOdoo/addons/base_import/static/src/js/). On that file, search "oe_import_advanced_mode" (without the " ")  since you find a line like this:

this.$('input.oe_import_advanced_mode').prop('checked', result.advanced_mode);

On that line just change the 'checked' value to 'unchecked'.

Discard

Don't do that. Just put a slash "/" in a header (you way want to add fields name but it works without). No need to add datas in the column.

Best Answer

I forgot this when the problem disappeared, but now we stuck with this issue in another environment, running recent version of Odoo 10.0. Our customer finally solved the problem. We tried to import data from excel, using csv + UTF-8 encoding.

MS Excel generates UTF-8 BOM marker to the beginning of the file, and because of that, Odoo fails to identify the first field as "id".

IMHO this is odoo import bug, if it does not cope with UTF-8 BOM for UTF-8 files, but workaround is take the data e.g. in windows character set, then import works just fine. 

Discard
Best Answer

Put a slash "/" in a header (you way want to add fields name but it works without). No need to add datas in the column.

Discard
Author Best Answer

This is not really an answer to original post.

How I manage my Visa each month... 

I download the ofx on AccesD (ofx quicken, conciliation bancaire carte) :

I import it :

I reconcile. Note that total of 0 $ each month end.

My account chart :

We have an account for each Visa card. And we have a main account. Each month, total is transfered to the main account. When we pay the visa with an other bank account, payment is also transferred to the main account. So, when the Visa is paid, all account in the chart should have a balance of 0 $.

We don't download any statement from AccesD for our bank account. We don't use this account for our business (to many fees...). But I have checked, and like you said, it seems that this is only possible to download a CSV file...  

Discard
Best Answer

I'm with Odoo 10 community. Until 5 minutes ago, the checkbox was always enabled and I was unable to un check it. But now, it's unchecked and I can't re-enable it.

@Pascal Tremblay, I'm using this module to import Desjardins bank account statement. It appears to me that I need the relation fields (mostly those in the line statement section) to import line description (ex. check), line reference (ex. check number), line credit and line debit (Desjardins csv splits them in two column instead of negative numbers). My case is not as complexe as yours. Did you manage to import simple Desjardins statements without relation fields?

Discard
Author

To import my visa statement (downloaded on the Desjardins AccesD website), on odoo 8, I use two free modules : account_bank_statement_import and account_bank_statement_import_ofx. I use these two modules since 1 year and they are magic. No more need to enter each line, one by one, of my Visa statement each months to reconcile this statement.

Author

I didn't try these two modules on odoo 9 and odoo 10. May be they exist for these versions too.

Author

No kidding, since I have these two modules, my life is not the same! :)

@Pascal how do you download those ofx file4s from AccesD? I can only download csv.

As for the bank statements proper, I managed to download ofx and import them.

@Pascal

And also, how do you manage credit card accounts in odoo?