This question has been flagged
14 Replies

After managed to install Odoo 10.0 Community Version on Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS, now I tried to install it on Windows 10 (the IP's 192.168.1.251 and the port's the same 8069).

The installation process's working just fine. I call it with http://localhost:8069, and it works just fine. The problem lies when I try to open it on other PC.

I tried with Chrome for http://192.168.1.251:8069, it gives me an error like below :

This site can’t be reached 192.168.1.241 
took too long to respond.

But, when I ping 192.168.1.241 it's connected without RTO. The question is still the same.

How to make it accessible from other pc with http://192.168.1.251:8069 ? 

I already post this question on

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/odoo-10-0-windows-sharing-with-other-pc-113267

But it closed without getting know how to make it accessible on other PC like I do when install it in Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS. The answer Ermin Trevisan give me is not what I'm looking for.

It's basic client-server that I already know. I'm an PHP-Laravel programmer and I already know about that concept. The Apace n Php is like the Build in server from Odoo Windows Installer. And the Laravel's like Odoo its self. I'm a newbie for Python and Odoo but it should be have the same basic like Apache n Php n Laravel.

The possibilities from that I'm thinking is about the setting / configuration of build-in server for Odoo or maybe the Odoo 10.0 it self. (This could be wrong).

Because I ever experiencing same problem with apache, phppgadmin (explained for phppgadmin before), etc...

At first those apps can not be accessible on other PC. But after changing some setting or configuration script within, then it can be shareable from other PC with the same behavior in localhost. And I guess Odoo (or its build in server) does the same even in Python language. 

If its about firewall n proxy I don't think that's the answer, because my apache n php runs well on the same fresh installed windows. I set 2 VM with the same fresh Windows 10 installer. 1 VM for Apache and 1 VM for Odoo.

The Apache's VM runs well without changing any firewall n proxy. It can be accessible from other PC without any configuration of firewall or proxy. I can show you on Video if necessary.

If the other VM for Odoo  has something to do with firewall or proxy, then where did I miss ??? 

This question maybe not just about clicking solution. But more like setting and configuration. Or even scripting.

On my point of view, this question is related to Odoo. Why ? Because Odoo release its version on Windows. 

If Odoo can not accessible from other PC like I do in Ubuntu Server 16.04, what's the use of using Odoo on Windows ? Only for single localhost access ???

If Odoo's windows installer can be opened from other PC, than it can be some possibilities to spread Odoo among Windows lovers.

That's why I ask How to access Odoo 10.0 (windows Installer) from other PC.

Discard
Author

CMIIW

Author

If it's necessary, I'll make a video about for my question on Monday.

One more time: is port 8069 open in your firewall? Can you telnet into 192.168.1.251 8069 from a remote computer (ping does not help to check if a port is open or not)?

Author

that's the screenshot between my PC and VM

Can you telnet into this machine and port from a remote terminal?

Author

Yes, it runs. when I type :

telnet 192.168.1.241 8069

It shows me the blank screen. And then I type exit.

Best Answer

As Ermin Trevisan said, check your firewall ! You need to open 8069 port in the Windows firewall. That's all.

Discard

ok. I'm a sysadmin, when something looks strange I allways start with primary and stupid questions like "is my keyboard connected ?" or "did I press the correct switch ?". Yes, errors comes from humans !...

I don't think this is an Odoo problem, so let's start basicaly looking around Windows and your VM:

- check the network connection between your VM and Windows

- check the IP address

- change the Odoo port (set in Odoo.conf) ; 8080 is ok and won't be block by a firewall

- try with the package installer

etc.

Author

Just changed the port to 8080 n it works.

Then I uninstall n reinstall Odoo... Port 8069 is also works... awesome...

The question is : Should I add the rule for allowing 8069 before installing Odoo to make it works ? Or did I miss something ?

This is an OS relative question. It doesn't matter if port 8069 is open before or after Odoo install.

You have certainly done something wrong at your first install. It was something so obviously that you couldn't see it. May be a network problem, I don't know.

Best Answer

I have also faced the same problem when I want to access the ODD forum on my pc.

Discard
Best Answer

I have this same problem. Changing the port number did not resolve it, and I am sure the firewalls are down.

There are more details here: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-do-i-configure-odoo-to-be-accessible-over-the-lan-136734

Discard