This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,

Does anyone has experience in implementing 3 way matching with bill digitisation (OCR)..? 

I found the 3 way matching works only if the vendor bill is created (manually) from a PO, however if the vendor bill is created automatically through bill digitisation there is no way to reference this vendor bill with the existing PO and 3 way matching fails..?

Any pointer would be appreciated ..

Thanks,

Naran

Discard

I would also be interested in a response to this from Odoo - MMC's in particular generally require 3-way matching with OCR for AP Automation, so if the two dont work together that's a bit of an issue...

Best Answer

In version 16, we will combine OCR and 3 WAY MATCHING.

We will prioritize data from the PO (price and quantity received) when it matches the total we find via OCR. First we check overall totals, then we check totals on each matching line.  When totals match, we autocomplete using the PO line price and quantity received. When totals don't match, we use OCR for price and set quantity received to 0.

Discard

Hi Ray, can you confirm that this feature is now released with Odoo 16.0? I can't find info on it in the documentation yet.

I can. If you have access to the Enterprise repository, you can see the commit at https://github.com/odoo/enterprise/commit/752de890931031611ad21419424be2a88d6ae13b and if you can't, the Task description is "The current heuristic for Purchase Order matching on Vendor Bills leads to situations where there is a lot of work left to do by the accountant in case of incomplete matches between what's found in the scanned PDF and the linked Purchase Order. The objective of this task is to get to a situation where, when possible, a maximal amount of information found in an matched Purchase Order is taken by default in the newly created bill. It is often less work for an accountant to remove lines that come from a linked PO that were not present in the bill, than letting him have to reencode ignored lines from the document." I have also updated my answer to include an image of the matching logic from the Task in our system.

Best Answer

Hello Ray,

Thank you. Two remarks:

1) When there are no matched in line level, are the quantities set at zero or at the received quantities?

2) I assume that OCR and this logic is short-circuited when Odoo detects that an XML is embedded in the PDF and use that info?

Kind regards

Bob

Discard