2 Replies

I have
    project, 
    sale,
    sale_management,
    sale_mrp,
    sale_timesheet
    (and others...)
installed, but the Project(s) Overview smart button is missing from the Sales Order screen.

Under Technical Settings I have 
    Analytic Accounting, 
    Analytic Accounting Tags, 
    Show Full Accounting Features enabled
    (and others...)    ​

What do I need to do to create a project based off a sales order? (and get the Project(s) Overview button to show up?)

Discard
Author

I should point out I have Demo Data installed, so there are projects that already exist. (Although I want to create a new project from this SO.)

Best Answer

Hi,

Make sure that the logged in user belongs to the Project Manager group. The button will be visible for the users in the Project Manager group. Also the button will get invisible if there is no project for the sale order.

See Project Overview in Odoo12: Project Overview

Thanks

Discard
Author

Hi Niyas,

I can assign a new SO to and existing Project (as the video shows, and the Project(s) Overview button appears) but in our business the SO comes first, and the Project gets created after we have confirmed the sale. So I want to do the opposite of what the video shows. I want to create a new project (preferably using a template) from a recently confirmed Sales Order.

Thanks,

Michael W.

Author

Forgot to mention: Yes, my user belongs to the Project Management group. Good point - Thanks.

Author

Your answer does identify how to make the Project(s) Overview button show, so perhaps I asked the wrong question. But I'll accept your answer.

Author

It turns out this is what I was actually looking for:

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/12.0/project/advanced/so_to_task.html

It says Task, but of course to have a task it means you also have a Project (it creates both).