This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I wish to track my sales budget, which should be relatively straight forward in an ERP but seems difficult in Odoo. So I create a budget and an analytical account called "Revenue". I don't want the staff to have to set an analytical account every time they raise an invoice (1000s of transactions), so how do I set a default analytical account for all sales orders or invoices to the "revenue" analytical account?

I'd prefer to be able to compare a budget to the accounting entries and do away with analytical accounting all together, but since Odoo doesn't seem to be able to facilitate this like normal accounting packages.

Discard

I really don't like customisation of the source code as it makes the annual upgrade process messy and unnecessarily expensive. Is there no way to do this within the existing code infrastructure. Perhaps a studio customisation of the sales order form? Or assigning a default analytical account to each customer? Or each product? I can assign a default accounting code to each product but not an analytical account.

Have you explored analytical defaults?

Author

Is that available for 11E?

Yes, Accounting > Configuration > Analytic accounting

Cannot find anywhere to set analytical defaults in V11 E.

Best Answer

In your custom module, you need to override default_get method in invoice line object and check the context value if it is a 'type':'out_invoice' or 'type':'in_invoice' and based on type you can set analytic account by default.

This way, user will not need to select analytic account every time. It will be filled up by default.

Sudhir Arya
ERP Harbor Consulting Services

Discard