This question has been flagged

I create different credit notes for my clients, with different accounts, but what I noticed is that if the account type is Receivable (not sure if every receivable type or just the default Accounts Receivable one) then the credit note is automatically set to paid after validation and the amount due is $0.

1- Is-this a normal Odoo behavior or a bug ?

2- If It's normal, what are other account types that have the same effect ?

3- There is an account field in the invoice lines & one in the "Other Info" tab, which one is responsible for this behavior ?

Discard
Best Answer

This is expected behaviour. 

When you add an account on an invoice line, you're deciding what account should be the counter to the accounts receivable/payable that the invoice will automatically make. The receivable/payable account is the account in the "Other Info" tab. If these are ever the same it will be paid immediately. This behaviour will also occur if no receivable/payable account is used in any of the accounts.

Each line of an invoice will generally be an income or expense account, while the account in the other info tab should be the receivable or payable account.

Discard
Author

Thank you for your reply, especially the "If these are ever the same it will be paid immediately" ! This was driving me crazy.