This question has been flagged
1 Reply

What is the best solution to save manufacturing time:

• Potentially several production workers for each workcenter line in MO
  • Possible interruption in the manufacturing step

The module mrp_operations only save the delay between 'stop date' and 'start date' : it's not the real working time

which are the better ways :

• connection with timesheets
  • connection with another model

which modules

thanks

Discard

Dear David, I like this option to indeed become available. I think linking with Timesheets is the best option. This makes it easy to log and also easy to register. Only need to do this once. Hope this helped!

We have been asked to use serial numbers to support this. Since serial numbers at 7.0 are really lot numbers, we are in the middle of module development. The idea is 'start' records a starting timestamp and scanning a serial number records an ending timestamp. This is done for each work order. A pending work order is an amount of time removed from all items in that work order. This isn't fully developed yet though.

One potential workaround for the second element would be to add 3 more fields to the work order record: date_paused, date_unpaused, time_paused. Every time the work order is put on hold and then resumed, get the timestamp and append the difference to time_paused. Once completed, subtract time_paused from delay, which should necessarily be the larger value.

Once you're trying to account for multiple people's cumulative hours on the same operation though, it would have to be timesheets.

Best Answer

Hello,

We implemented a scanning solution that auto completes these date fields.

If the employee scans a barcode the date will be registrated, they can start, stop, paus all the work orders. The entire mrp flow is triggered by using these barcodes.

This is not standard in OpenERP and quite a big custom module. If you know any other solutions please let me know.

Discard

Yes - this is essentially what we ended up developing (not linked to time sheets)

Is there anywhere where we can get this modules? Thank you !