This question has been flagged
1 Reply

We have 2 Different cash Journals, we want move money from Cash 1 Journal to Cash 2 Journal via internal transfer,  in Internal transfer there isn't options  of selecting cash journals I can only see bank accounts but not the cash account. am I doing this right ? or is there any configuration that can fix this. ?

Discard

Ray,

Noted, thanks!

Best Answer

At v14, you now complete TWO Internal Transfers, for both BANK and CASH accounts.

1) Send money OUT of the ORIGIN cash/bank account via the related Journal

Choose the SENDING Journal during the first Internal Transfer.

2) Receive money IN to the DESTINATION cash/bank account via the related Journal.

Choose the RECEIVING Journal during the second Internal Transfer.

The first Internal Transfer (SEND) will credit the cash/bank account linked to the Journal (and debit the liquidity account).

The second Internal Transfer (RECEIVE) will debit the cash/bank account linked to the Journal (and credit the liquidity account).

Discard

Hi Ray,

Do you also happen to know the reason for the 2 internal transfers needed in V14 while in V13 (and maybe the previous versions with the Inter-banks transfer functionality) this is done by creating just 1 Inter-banks transfer which IMHO makes MUCH more sense?

Referring to the V14 documentation, I don't see any instruction to create 2 transfers.

Robert. I only know that we have brought back a single step at 14.3.