Help

Installing odoo on cpanel/WHM

gemchand

Hello All;

I am trying to install odoo source code on cpanel . Can we directly install odoo source code  on cpanel?

Thank You

1Comment
Discard
Shivam Mahajan
-

You have to enter your system password..where odoo is the system user name

3Answers
Homayoon Tajmahal
Best Answer

It's not possible to install Odoo via cPanel and you need to have a VPS to with any Linux or windows distribution OS. 

Discard
ABU K
Best Answer

Which VPS Server you are purchased?

Also login as a root user and install odoo 

Please refer on 

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2014/09/how-to-install-openerp-odoo-8-on-ubuntu-server-14-04-lts/

If any question pls ask

10Comments
Discard
gemchand
-

Hello @Dep I am using centos vps server. I saw a link which you suggested me to follow. you mean that i have to login as root user in command prompt and have to follow procedure which described in link.

ABU K
-

Yes Login via putty and install

gemchand
-

Hello @Dep Yeah I followed the link before. I accessed my root using putty and trying to install odoo. all the command ran successfully and but when i am trying to access odoo using http://yourIPaddress:8069 then it sometime gives permission to access and sometime gives "internal server error". I could not know what is problem. Thank You

ABU K
-

For need to check the log file ten only I can say whats the issue

gemchand
-

Hello @Dep can it be possible to download the odoo source code and upload on cpanel and directly run odoo on browser.

ABU K
-

For that u add the system user and databse user ,pls follow the link what i shared ,otherwise go with other blogs...Lot of help blogs are available .If you assign this as a job will do it from our side .Thank you

gemchand
-

can you give me your skype id?. i will talk to you. Thank you

ABU K
-

libukoshym

gemchand
Best Answer

Hello @Shivam Mahajan

Can you briefly describe to install odoo on cpanel. I am new in odoo and linux server. It is greatful for me.

Thank You

Discard