This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I still can't find a way, to import contacts (individuals/persons) AND match them to a corresponding company.

During the import, I can choose Related Company, (=Name of company) to match the persons to that company. If there are several comapnies with the exact same name, the matching is not possible. I can not choose an ID to match, only the name is possible.

What am I missing here?

odoo CE v14.

Discard
Author

thanks for your response. if i follow your steps like in the video, i end up with an exported .xlsx file where Company/External ID is set to FALSE. 

Just realized i forgot to click the checkbox "import-compatible). Anyway, I get 

Related Company / External ID             name                 is a company
__export__.res_partner_113_6235089f Hugo                  FALSE

When i try to re-import I get no matching company found.

ALL GOOD! It works, thank you so much !!! :)

I would love to set it as answer, but the system tells me 5 karma points not possible.

Best Answer

Hello,

Using the External ID you can easily import the individual contacts under a company. Export the External ID of the original contact (Company).

Give it in the new Excel with Related Company / External ID along with other new details and import.

Check the video for more details.

https://youtu.be/537gr_PqwZM

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

You could import additional details under an existing company. For that , first you need to know the external id of that particular company. So export that data [ select the company -> action -> export. And select the import compatible export option]. After exporting, you would get an external id for that particular data. You could add that external Id on your importing template together with new details accordingly.

Hope it helps

Discard