This question has been flagged
2 Replies

A list of say 15 products with their respective internal reference.

This list is a text file (csv for instance)

How to pass the file to the odoo db search functions?

The db contains around 80 000 products

objective is to avoid creating duplicates (at order time or receiving from suppliers).

my odoo 12.3 Enterprise Saas mode

Thks for any direction or +

Regards to all of us and take care!

Discard

I do not understand your question. Please be more precise and try to explain your case.

Author Best Answer

Our company places Purchase orders using the supplier's own system on the web and we receive a confirmation of our cart by email.

This is happening at least once a week, and the cart (of items ordered) can be made of 15 or 20 + items;

These items are a mix of new products for our company (because customers are ordering them) as well as already existing one into our odoo database.

Because our db comprises around 80 000 products we do not know precisely which are new items nor which are existing ones.

Thus our first operation is to determine the new ones in order to import them into the odoo db (importing a csv file prepared with the cart received from the suppliers for instance) , avoiding the creation of new items which are already present in the db.

So the question is how to filter the whole db with the list of ordered items as a first step,

then creating new products

and finally creating an order,

confirming it,

receiving products

and creating the supplier's bill.

My thought is to be able (automated action or button or new filter) to pass the list of items ordered (2 fields can be read (supplier reference and product name) from the cart received from the supplier) to the searching window of the product tree form)

As a result from the search

either a list of the new products to be created by a csv file to be imported  (reference plus name)

or a direct creation of the new products into the db

Discard