This question has been flagged

In our company we have products that can be manufactured by ourselves or bought to suppliers. The decision between manufacturing or buying a particular product can be made according to:

• Quantities available. If a quick order is confirmed and supplier product delivery not done yet, manufacturing can be done.
  • When work load is too high and/or supplier cost lower the product can be bought

Two ways seems feasible to handle this but not completely satisfying:

• Creating 1 bom with bought product and 1 bom with manufactured product selected with a property ("buy" or "manufacture"). The problem is that properties are selected on the sales order only. And this decision has to be made by the manufacturing team only.
  • Using both "buy" and "manufacture" routes. But how can the decision been made?

How would you handle this (common I would say) case?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

This is a rather old question but I think it needs a little bump.

If you have a product

• defined with routes: Manufacture and MTO, and

• defined with two or more Bill Of Materials

• Sales Order have to be confirmed before knowing the correct data for Manufacturing Order

I have not found a way (v11EE) to change the BOM of MO after the SO is confirmed since the MO will also be set as Confirmed.

Of course I can Cancel the MO and make a new one. It is possible to copy the Definition field etc but some data will be lost (for example, link to SO).

There is at least one module which helps a little bit by adding an additional step (editable draft) for MO process before confirmed state:

https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/11.0/mrp_production_draft/

With best regards,

-make

Discard
Best Answer

Hey Gabriel,

Did you find a solution for this case ?

Thank you very much

Thomas

Discard