This question has been flagged
17 Replies

How to install OpenERP V7.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 from launchpad repository?

Discard

Bzr is big memory consumption. When you are set the addons branch.It costed too much memory to lead your thread was killed.And your smaller server and web didn't.you can do like that bzr branch lp:openobject-addons addons -r1000 cd addons bzr pull -r2000 bzr pull -r3000 and so on

Dear Friend,

how can i do that: We just need to change the location of the daemon. below is the init script you can copy paste this to the file. ??

Very good. +1

I think that If you apply...

sudo apt-get install dist-upgrade

it is not necessary to "install gdata client (since ubuntu package is old we download and install from source)"

Author

@tomas, since 12.04 is the Long Term Support version I am using this version of ubuntu. Gdata version is (2.0.14-2) in ubuntu 12.04. I prefer to stay on LTS channel.

something is wrong with this tutorial, openerp server do not start up !!! i did it step by step with no errors, something change ???

please help.

You must change openerp user password for server configuration. Find openerp-server.conf and edit

Author

@Tomas I am installing to 12.04 since it is LTS version.

I have problem downloading the Bzr Server and it gives me this message although i have tried more than 20 times re-running the command bzr branch lp:openobject-server/7.0 server this message (bzr: ERROR: Connection error: while sending GET /%2Bbranch-id/243983/.bzr/repository/packs/a752a984c6ec4f40dd2a71d0c672b13a.pack: [Errno 2] No such file or directory)

Hi. Here you go.. http://codderlight.blogspot.in/search/label/openerp

I got this error rocker@rocker-EP31-DS3L:~$ sudo -u postgres createuser -s openerp createuser: could not connect to database postgres: could not connect to server: No such file or directory Is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"? . Also it takes forever to clone a copy of addons I used this command "bzr branch lp:openobject-addons/7.0 addons". I don't mind downloading everything but it seems it is downloading individual file by file. Is there a way to download as an archive?

Author Best Answer

OpenERP V7.0 installation on ubuntu 12.04 x64 Server

just after a clean installation of ubuntu 12.04 x64 Server LTS

Commands are complete so you can copy paste these commands below to and complete the process as a newbie.

Installation from launchpad makes update and patching easier. If you just want to try openERP I recommend you to install with a .deb package. Installation with .deb package just takes 1-2 minutes.

Update apt source list

sudo apt-get update

Download and install updates

sudo apt-get upgrade

install required packages for openerp

sudo apt-get install graphviz ghostscript postgresql-client \
python-dateutil python-feedparser python-matplotlib \
python-ldap python-libxslt1 python-lxml python-mako \
python-openid python-psycopg2 python-pybabel python-pychart \
python-pydot python-pyparsing python-reportlab python-simplejson \
python-tz python-vatnumber python-vobject python-webdav \
python-werkzeug python-xlwt python-yaml python-imaging

install some other packages that we will probably need in future

sudo apt-get install gcc python-dev mc bzr python-setuptools python-babel \
python-feedparser python-reportlab-accel python-zsi python-openssl \
python-egenix-mxdatetime python-jinja2 python-unittest2 python-mock \
python-docutils lptools make python-psutil python-paramiko poppler-utils \
python-pdftools antiword postgresql

install gdata client (since ubuntu package is old we download and install from source)

wget http://gdata-python-client.googlecode.com/files/gdata-2.0.17.tar.gz 
tar zxvf gdata-2.0.17.tar.gz 
cd gdata-2.0.17/
sudo python setup.py install

create a new openerp system user for openerp and other related processes

sudo adduser openerp --home /opt/openerp

Create database user for openerp

cd ..
sudo -u postgres createuser -s openerp

move to the install directory

sudo su openerp
mkdir /opt/openerp/v7
cd /opt/openerp/v7

run the bazaar to download the latest revision from launchpad
(this will take long if an error occurs just rerun command)

bzr branch lp:openerp-web/7.0 web

(this will take longer if an error occurs just rerun command)

bzr branch lp:openobject-server/7.0 server

(this will take much more longer if an error occurs just rerun last command)

bzr branch lp:openobject-addons/7.0 addons

It would be nice if you check if the downloaded revision no pass the tests from http://runbot.openerp.com

Exit from openerp user shell

exit

Copy OpenERP configuration file to /etc

sudo cp /opt/openerp/v7/server/install/openerp-server.conf /etc/openerp-server.conf

Edit the configuration file

sudo nano /etc/openerp-server.conf

Write your database operation password and remove the semicolon of that line. Also add the addons_path to the end of file, my file looks like below.

[options]
; This is the password that allows database operations:
admin_passwd = PASSWORD
db_host = False
db_port = False
db_user = openerp
db_password = False
addons_path = /opt/openerp/v7/addons,/opt/openerp/v7/web/addons
;Log settings
logfile = /var/log/openerp/openerp-server.log
log_level = error

Change the file permissions and file ownership to the openerp user.

sudo chown openerp: /etc/openerp-server.conf
sudo chmod 640 /etc/openerp-server.conf

Create log directory for openerp

sudo mkdir /var/log/openerp
sudo chown openerp:root /var/log/openerp

Copy Logrotate file from source to /etc/logrotate.d folder

sudo cp /opt/openerp/v7/server/install/openerp-server.logrotate /etc/logrotate.d/openerp-server
sudo chmod 755 /etc/logrotate.d/openerp-server

Run the server

sudo su openerp
cd /opt/openerp/v7/server/
./openerp-server -c /etc/openerp-server.conf &

test your installation from http://yourserverIP:8069 you should see screen below.

image description

Starting Server Up Automatically

After playing with init script in source I decided to use Open Sourcerer's init script since it is clean and nice. You can download the original from: http://www.theopensourcerer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/openerp-server

We just need to change the location of the daemon. below is the init script you can copy paste this to the file.

#!/bin/sh

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:             openerp-server
# Required-Start:       $remote_fs $syslog
# Required-Stop:        $remote_fs $syslog
# Should-Start:         $network
# Should-Stop:          $network
# Default-Start:        2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:         0 1 6
# Short-Description:    Enterprise Resource Management software
# Description:          Open ERP is a complete ERP and CRM software.
### END INIT INFO

PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin
DAEMON=/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp-server
NAME=openerp-server
DESC=openerp-server

# Specify the user name (Default: openerp).
USER=openerp

# Specify an alternate config file (Default: /etc/openerp-server.conf).
CONFIGFILE="/etc/openerp-server.conf"

# pidfile
PIDFILE=/var/run/$NAME.pid

# Additional options that are passed to the Daemon.
DAEMON_OPTS="-c $CONFIGFILE"

[ -x $DAEMON ] || exit 0
[ -f $CONFIGFILE ] || exit 0

checkpid() {
    [ -f $PIDFILE ] || return 1
    pid=`cat $PIDFILE`
    [ -d /proc/$pid ] && return 0
    return 1
}

case "${1}" in
        start)
                echo -n "Starting ${DESC}: "

start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile ${PIDFILE} \
                        --chuid ${USER} --background --make-pidfile \
                        --exec ${DAEMON} -- ${DAEMON_OPTS}

echo "${NAME}."
                ;;

stop)
                echo -n "Stopping ${DESC}: "

start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --pidfile ${PIDFILE} \
                        --oknodo

echo "${NAME}."
                ;;

restart|force-reload)
                echo -n "Restarting ${DESC}: "

start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --pidfile ${PIDFILE} \
                        --oknodo

sleep 1

start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile ${PIDFILE} \
                        --chuid ${USER} --background --make-pidfile \
                        --exec ${DAEMON} -- ${DAEMON_OPTS}

echo "${NAME}."
                ;;

*)
                N=/etc/init.d/${NAME}
                echo "Usage: ${NAME} {start|stop|restart|force-reload}" >&2
                exit 1
                ;;
esac

exit 0

You can download this edited copy with the following command First Exit from openerp users shell

exit
sudo nano  /etc/init.d/openerp-server

Make the init script executable.

sudo chmod +x /etc/init.d/openerp-server

Add openerp-server to system startup

sudo update-rc.d openerp-server defaults

Restart the server to check if init script works

sudo shutdown -r now

After restart you should be able to connect to the server via http://yourip:8069

Notes:

1. Used some parts from this nice tutorial: http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2012/12/how-to-install-openerp-7-0-on-ubuntu-12-04-lts/
  2. I tested above commands with a clean ubuntu 12.04 install and OpenERP works as expected.

To update this installation to the latest revision

sudo /etc/init.d/openerp-server stop
sudo su openerp
cd /opt/openerp/v7/addons/
bzr pull
cd /opt/openerp/v7/web/
bzr pull
cd /opt/openerp/v7/server/
bzr pull

It would be nice if you check if the downloaded revision no pass the tests of http://runbot.openerp.com You should run the server with your database name and update your database with the following command.

./openerp-server -c /etc/openerp-server.conf -u all -d YOURDATABASENAME

To Apply a Patch

To apply a patch you should have a patch file or URL of the patch file.

Cd to the project folder (addons,web,server etc). apply patch with bzr command bzr patch.

to apply a patch to the addons branch:

cd /opt/openerp/v7/addons/
bzr patch PATCH_FILE_NAME_OR_URL

To install an additional independent V7 test server on the same OS

On production you would need to test some code changes or patches or some new modules. To be able to test without risking your production server a test server is a good idea. Best option is to have a virtual machine with openerp installed. However if you like to have an seperate openerp setup.

coming...

Notes:

Why 64 bit not 32

I am using an x64 version of ubuntu because my server has more than 4GB of RAM. And 64 is bigger than 32 :) "Unless you have specific reasons to choose 32-bit, we recommend 64-bit to utilise the full capacity of your hardware." https://help.ubuntu.com/community/32bit_and_64bit you can read related article.

openerp user

My openerp user is just a normal user (not a system user) who can login to the system. I choose to have it this way since I login as openerp user and do required tasks with this uid. You should select a secure password. Some Linux experts thinks this is not secure enough, keep in mind.

Postgresql openerp role

openerp postgresql role is superuser in my installation, it is not required to but it is easier for me. Some Linux experts thinks this is not secure enough, keep in mind.

init.d script for autostart

I just found out that there is also a suitable init.d script for debian already "hidden" :) in the source of OpenERP server in the file /opt/openerp/v7/server/debian/openerp.init you can change the pathnames and use this file also.

Please give your feedback about instructions above so I can enhance it.

Discard
Author

Thanks for feedback @Rex. Your installation is fine do not change anything, please have a look at this video on how to install modules http://youtu.be/S1bKPUL6nUU

On Ubuntu 12.04 I think you should use Upstart instead of the old SysV init scripts; they're cleaner and offer automatic respawn of the server if it dies for some reason. I wrote a simple one in this answer: http://help.openerp.com/question/3367/auto-start-server/?answer=3534#post-id-3534

I've solved the problem by reinstalling ubuntu on default english language. I think there is a problem with system language settings and openerp. it works now without problem.

@Ahmet, It appears I have a bug (#1094212) for which a patch has been issued. From landing page there is a zip file which contains three files (_init_.py; _openerp_.py; res_partner_.py). But I am unclear from your instructions on how to install this patch. In this format am I just to replace the existing files with those in the zip file? Thanks in advance for your help.

The above mentioned procedure is much longer tahn needed IMHO.

anybody has a good idea about the best way to install a module which is not already in /addons ? In example I want to test the sale_commision module coming from here? code.launchpad.net/~joao-gama/openobject-addons/7.0-pexego_sale_commission

I'm having some issues using this method.When I want to create a database user for openerp with: sudo -u postgres createuser -s openerp I end up getting: perl: warning: Setting locale failed. perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings: LANGUAGE = (unset), LC_ALL = (unset), LC_MESSAGES = "en_CA.UTF-8", LC_COLLATE = "en_CA.UTF-8", LC_CTYPE = "en_CA.UTF-8", LANG = "en_CA.UTF-8" are supported and installed on your system. perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C"). could not change directory to "/root"

I'm following the installation step a couple of times and it works well. The remmaining question is regarding the update. Can somebody explain how this really works. Currently I'm stopping the openERP Server with /etc/init.d/openerp-server stop. After that I'm running /openerp-server -c /etc/openerp-server.conf -uall -d <db_name> but no output is given. How do I know the Update runs well? When I can start the regular server again. How can I do this with many databases, one by one? Many thanks for advise

@Holger, running sudo apt-get upgrade will download and install the latest version of source code of openERP. So nothing touches the DB. When logging in into openERP afterwards, go to Settings and click on upgrade to upgrade all the existing modules (if any). This will add/change the DB if needed.

I believe "sudo su openerp" should be "sudo su - openerp -s /bin/bash"

Is it possible to add this to the docs? Currently, the v7 manual is just a copy/paste of v6.1 and as it stands, it is wrong. Since this information is already documented here, it would be too easy to just copy this to the doc and make the installation process right.

WRONG sudo chmod 755 /etc/logrotate.d/openerp-server

CORRECT is: sudo chmod 755 /etc/logrotate.d/openerp-server, you should not give execution rights for any file unless needed - it creates a security thread!

Great guide. Has the author down up the second part

Great guide. Has the author down up the second part

Best Answer

The above mentioned procedure is much too complicated IMHO.

The way I installed OE V7 on Ubuntu 12.04: Add to /etc/apt/sources.lst (warning: no space between http: and //):

deb http://nightly.openerp.com/7.0/nightly/deb/ ./

Reread the sources and get the sources:

sudo apt-get update

Now install openERP and all the dependencies:

sudo apt-get install openerp

Next you have to configure postgreSQL:

sudo su - postgres
createuser --createdb --username postgres --no-createrole --no-superuser --pwprompt openerp

After typing the password for the user postgres, exit this user:

exit

To be sure, restart the computer:

sudo reboot

Now you can login using the webbrowser.

Updating is easy:

sudo apt-get upgrade

or:

sudo apt-get install openerp
Discard
Author

patrick did you test your installation steps?

I did test it. I am using it at the moment to prepare an installation for production. Just a reminder, I had to place a space in the line for the sources, as I cannot post links yet..... So http: and //nightly.openerp.com/7.0/nightly/deb/ ./ should be together...

good tutorial! But why is it suggested to install gcc? Isn't this a security hole?

I tested it, works well. It is of course much better to install via package manager, however the Ahmet answer is still very good for inside view of what happens - of course only package maintainers should do this procedure one time, so the other one million people do not need to repeat this - that is what computers are for :)

I've used this method over and over for testing and dismantling OpenERP installations and this is a lifesaver. Literally takes five minutes to install OpenERP this way and it works perfectly. Thanks for this!

It seems this method no longer works. Perhaps something in the nightly changed the install process? Idk what it could be but it no longer does the trick. Sucks because it was the fastest and simplest method. Is there another method that is just as fast as this? All the tutorials I come across are much more involved than this and whenever someone else does an install it takes over a day's worth of work and I think there's got to be a better way like this process.

Recently I have experienced problem due to the change of the python version supported by Ubunty. To resolve the issue: 1) create /etc/profile.d/openerp_env.sh and add the following line export PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages 2) modify /usr/bin/openerp-server script and replace first line with #!/usr/bin/env python

@Jordan, thanks for this. I will try it out when I get a chance. I tried a million different ways yesterday to install v7 and couldn't get anything to work. I ended up having to use a server image that I took as a backup in order to get it installed correctly. So I will try your method and thanks again for posting.

Just to add, in case you need the service to start on the boot of the server (prior the environment is loaded from profile.d), you will need to modify the /etc/init.d/openerp script and add the line "export PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages" before the line "set -e"

Best Answer

Hi there,

Both options listed by Ahmet and patrick are just fine and just depends on several factors and the most important of all is how frequently will you update your installation and how many installations do you manage. If they are local installs or installs in the cloud are also points to consider when choosing the right option.

For my specific needs I think that bzr option is preferrable because it allows me to easily update the systems I manage more frequently and the routines listed on the points "bzr branch ...." does not need to be as slow as described if you just want to have the files itself, and not all revisions from launchpad.

You can change the "bzr branch ...." with the "bzr checkout --lighweight lp:xxxxxxxxxx". This way, only the files will be downloaded and not the full revisions and you will be abble to still using bzr pull (thank you odony for your explanations).

Besides that, most of the process can be done automatically via sh script which will handle the hard part of the task. For this you just have to create your .sh file and call it from ubuntu command prompt with "sudo sh /file_location/file_name.sh"

Also note that the launchpad instalation option will allow you to have more control of OpenERP setup process, including where to install, it is easier to maintain and you can use addons sources other than the one used by Tiny ERP (the deb version also allows that but will be harder to maintain).

If you frequently update your OpenERP version, I advise the lanchpad option, if not you can always use the deb version. Remember that everytime you run apt-get update/upgrade with the deb option, ubuntu will make a full download of the deb file located on nightly (about 60MB at this time).

Great posts

Regards

Paulo Matos

Discard

bzr checkout is bad idea, because bzr pull is not working with checkout, only with bzr branch...

Best Answer

hello all, Thank you for the procedure I followed to the letter except that I have a connection problem here is my log: Thank you for your help :-)

2013-07-31 20:42:21,392 2311 ERROR ? openerp.sql_db: Connection to the database failed Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/sql_db.py", line 440, in borrow result = psycopg2.connect(dsn=dsn, connection_factory=PsycoConnection) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/psycopg2/__init__.py", line 179, in connect connection_factory=connection_factory, async=async) OperationalError: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "openerp" 2013-07-31 20:42:21,393 2311 ERROR ? openerp.netsvc: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "openerp" Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/netsvc.py", line 292, in dispatch_rpc result = ExportService.getService(service_name).dispatch(method, params) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/service/web_services.py", line 122, in dispatch return fn(params) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/service/web_services.py", line 359, in exp_list cr = db.cursor() File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/sql_db.py", line 484, in cursor return Cursor(self._pool, self.dbname, serialized=serialized) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/sql_db.py", line 182, in __init__ self._cnx = pool.borrow(dsn(dbname)) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/sql_db.py", line 377, in _locked return fun(self, args, *kwargs) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/sql_db.py", line 440, in borrow result = psycopg2.connect(dsn=dsn, connection_factory=PsycoConnection) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/psycopg2/__init__.py", line 179, in connect connection_factory=connection_factory, async=async) OperationalError: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "openerp" 2013-07-31 20:42:21,397 2311 INFO ? werkzeug: 192.168.1.11 - - [31/Jul/2013 20:42:21] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 500 -*

Discard
Author

database password is wrong correct it

it was the Postgresql openerp role and password

http://madurad.wordpress.com/2014/07/23/odoo-8-installing-and-configuring-in-ubuntu-server/

Best Answer

Hi dear Odoo Friends. I have three questions:

First (and for me most important) question:

I'm using virtual box in order to configure Ubuntu 12.04 Server. I'm hosting Wordpress there, configured Port Forwarding for HTTP(8080/80), SSH(2222,22). So I configured the Apache Server in order to get access via Virtual box guest addition. And I can call wordpress from my host machine with: wordpress.dev:8080

but! How can I access odoo? what IP or DNS do I have to choose and how can I configure the dns? For wordpress in configured /apache2/sites-available/wordpress.dev

I'm not using ubuntu this long in order to deploy applications. So when everyone says http://[ip or dns name of server]:8069. What server is meant? The new odoo server and not the apache2 have running anyway right? 

So where do I get a dns for that?

Don't I have to create a port in virtual host (port forwarding)

(Because as I can see in the most Video tutorials on youtube most people use ubuntu desktop and after odoo installation they call odoo from their guest machine, what is boring in a way. Calling it from the host computer would be cooler)

Second issue:

I followed André Schenkels steps. When I came to the point where I have to check the server 

1) $ python /opt/odoo/server/openerp-server --config=/etc/odoo-server.conf

I had to correct the path to  /opt/odoo/odoo/openerp-server. I mean in the command before even André used

the path odoo odoo for installation. So I guess 1) must be corrected? 

Third thing: 

I had to reainstall a LOT OF MODULES (had a second terminal window open in order to install the python modules (some I had to install with pip, so I had to install pip on my new virtual machine (ubuntu 12.04 Server)

Did I do something wrong, or didn't Andre concinder all the modules which are required?

Not to forget, that it is stopping after i try: python /opt/odoo/server/openerp-server --config=/etc/odoo-server.conf. I get no output and the process ins't stopped. only ctrl c helps. Is that indicating that my server is running?

all the best and thanks for your answers!

Malte

Discard
Best Answer

Please input 2 commands line:

$export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 $export LANG=en_US.UTF-8

Regards from Vietnam.

Discard
Best Answer

You can install Odoo from Github in almost the same way as from Launchpad

Create a user for the OpenERP application

sudo adduser --system --quiet --shell=/bin/bash --home=/opt/odoo --gecos 'ODOO' --group odoo

Install PostgreSQL database and add odoo as a postgres superuser

sudo apt-get install postgresql -y

sudo su - postgres -c "createuser -s odoo" 2> /dev/null || true

Add password to openerp postgres user

sudo su postgres

psql template1

ALTER ROLE odoo WITH password 'XXXXX';

\q

exit

Change the postgesql.conf file to accept connections on all interfaces (development use only)

sudo vi /etc/postgresql/9.3/main/postgresql.conf

Find the listen parameter and remove the # and listen to adress *

listen_address = '*'

Change the pg_hba.conf file to change the way authentication takes place

sudo vi /etc/postgresql/9.3/main/pg_hba.conf

Find the following line

local all all peer hosts all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5

to:

local all all md5 hosts all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5

If you want to connect to the postgres database from your machine you need to add a new line to the Ipv4 part of this file: Example is for a network 192.168.1.0/24.

host all all 192.168.1.0/24 MD5

Install the required dependicies for ODOO

sudo apt-get install python-dateutil python-feedparser python-gdata python-ldap \ python-libxslt1 python-lxml python-mako python-openid python-psycopg2 \ python-pybabel python-pychart python-pydot python-pyparsing python-reportlab \ python-simplejson python-tz python-vatnumber python-vobject python-webdav \ python-werkzeug python-xlwt python-yaml python-zsi python-docutils \ python-psutil bzr git wget python-mock python-unittest2 python-jinja2 -y

Install latest gdata-python-client from http://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-client/downloads/list

wget http://gdata-python-client.googlecode.com/files/gdata-2.0.17.tar.gz

tar zxvf gdata-2.0.17.tar.gz

cd gdata-2.0.17/

sudo python setup.py install

Install ODOO 7.0 from Github

sudo su - odoo

git clone https://www.github.com/odoo/odoo --branch 7.0

chown -R odoo: *

exit

Configure the ODOO application

sudo cp /opt/odoo/odoo/install/openerp-server.conf /etc/odoo-server.conf

sudo chown odoo: /etc/odoo-server.conf

sudo chmod 640 /etc/odoo-server.conf

In the /etc/odoo-server.conf file you need to following lines.

sudo vi /etc/odoo-server.conf

change the line: (in vi use a to start editing)

db_user = openerp

db_password = false

with:

db_user = odoo
db_password = XXXXXX

(the password setup with the ALTER ROLE command)

addons_path = /opt/odoo/odoo/addons

logfile = /var/log/odoo/odoo-server.log

Save the file (ESC :w)

Create a dir for the log file and give the correct permissions

sudo mkdir /var/log/odoo

sudo chown odoo:root /var/log/odoo

Check if the server works

sudo su odoo

python /opt/odoo/server/openerp-server --config=/etc/odoo-server.conf

Check it using your brwoser and go to: http://[ip or dns name of server]:8069
You should see the login screen or database creation of ODOO
Press CTRL+C to stop the server and use exit to get out of the openerp user shell

Installing a boot script (if you want a boot script)

sudo vi /etc/init.d/odoo-server

Use the follwing script: (first press the a to add lines and copy the script)

#!/bin/sh ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: odoo-server # Required-Start: $remote_fs $syslog # Required-Stop: $remote_fs $syslog # Should-Start: $network # Should-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Business Applications # Description: ODOO Business Applications. ### END INIT INFO PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin DAEMON=/opt/odoo/server/openerp-server NAME=odoo-server DESC=odoo-server # Specify the user name (Default: openerp). USER=odoo # Specify an alternate config file (Default: /etc/odoo-server.conf). CONFIGFILE="/etc/odoo-server.conf" # pidfile PIDFILE=/var/run/$NAME.pid # Additional options that are passed to the Daemon. DAEMON_OPTS="-c $CONFIGFILE" [ -x $DAEMON ] || exit 0 [ -f $CONFIGFILE ] || exit 0 checkpid() { [ -f $PIDFILE ] || return 1 pid=`cat $PIDFILE` [ -d /proc/$pid ] && return 0 return 1 } case "${1}" in start) echo -n "Starting ${DESC}: " start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile ${PIDFILE} \ --chuid ${USER} --background --make-pidfile \ --exec ${DAEMON} -- ${DAEMON_OPTS} echo "${NAME}." ;; stop) echo -n "Stopping ${DESC}: " start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --pidfile ${PIDFILE} \ --oknodo echo "${NAME}." ;; restart|force-reload) echo -n "Restarting ${DESC}: " start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --pidfile ${PIDFILE} \ --oknodo sleep 1 start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile ${PIDFILE} \ --chuid ${USER} --background --make-pidfile \ --exec ${DAEMON} -- ${DAEMON_OPTS} echo "${NAME}." ;; *) N=/etc/init.d/${NAME} echo "Usage: ${NAME} {start|stop|restart|force-reload}" >&2 exit 1 ;; esac exit 0

Save the file (ESC :w)

Check if the server works

sudo chmod 755 /etc/init.d/odoo-server

sudo chown root: /etc/init.d/odoo-server

sudo /etc/init.d/odoo-server start

You should now be able to view the logfile and see that the server has started

less /var/log/odoo/odoo-server.log

and check it using your brwoser and go to: http://[ip or dns name of server]:8069
You should see the login screen or database creation of OpenERP
Change the (super)admin password of openerp. Click on Manage Databases (perhaps you're already here). Change the password.
It adds the password in plain text in the /etc/odoo-server.conf file, that's why we changed the permissions on this file!

Stop the server

sudo /etc/init.d/odoo-server stop

Automatic Startup and Shutdown

sudo update-rc.d odoo-server defaults

If you reboot the server everything should be working.

Discard
Best Answer

I get the same error as Juan Miguel, do you know how to solve it?

Thanks.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./openerp-gevent", line 11, in <module>
    openerp.cli.main()
  File "/home/ubuntu/odoo/openerp/cli/__init__.py", line 71, in main
    o.run(args)
  File "/home/ubuntu/odoo/openerp/cli/server.py", line 174, in run
    main(args)
  File "/home/ubuntu/odoo/openerp/cli/server.py", line 139, in main
    openerp.tools.config.parse_config(args)
  File "/home/ubuntu/odoo/openerp/tools/config.py", line 327, in parse_config
    openerp.netsvc.init_logger()
  File "/home/ubuntu/odoo/openerp/netsvc.py", line 136, in init_logger
    resetlocale()
  File "/home/ubuntu/odoo/openerp/tools/translate.py", line 992, in resetlocale
    for ln in get_locales():
  File "/home/ubuntu/odoo/openerp/tools/translate.py", line 960, in get_locales
    lang = locale.getdefaultlocale()[0]
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/locale.py", line 543, in getdefaultlocale
    return _parse_localename(localename)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/locale.py", line 475, in _parse_localename
    raise ValueError, 'unknown locale: %s' % localename
ValueError: unknown locale: UTF-8

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

Thanks for the useful article.

I’m about to upgrade from v7.0 to v8 (trunk) but before doing that would like to know what would happen to the existing v7 installation. V7 is standard system without any custom modules. It’s been configured for certain processes and it contains some 20-30 installed modules. Also master data and order data (sales orders, purchase orders etc. ) exists in the system.

In order to ‘migrate’ v7 setup to v8 what should I do? Could you still use the Nightly update or should it be done via Launchpad? And which ever is the preferred way, what would be the additional steps required for getting the ‘migration’ done?

Discard
Best Answer

After I click "Create Database"

Client Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons/web/http.py", line 204, in dispatch response["result"] = method(self, **self.params) File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons/web/controllers/main.py", line 774, in create params['create_admin_pwd']) File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons/web/session.py", line 30, in proxy_method result = self.session.send(self.service_name, method, *args) File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons/web/session.py", line 103, in send raise xmlrpclib.Fault(openerp.tools.ustr(e), formatted_info) Server Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons/web/session.py", line 89, in send return openerp.netsvc.dispatch_rpc(service_name, method, args) File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/netsvc.py", line 296, in dispatch_rpc result = ExportService.getService(service_name).dispatch(method, params) File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/service/web_services.py", line 122, in dispatch return fn(*params) File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/service/web_services.py", line 167, in exp_create_database self._create_empty_database(db_name) File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/service/web_services.py", line 136, in _create_empty_database cr.execute("""CREATE DATABASE "%s" ENCODING 'unicode' TEMPLATE "%s" """ % (name, chosen_template)) File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/sql_db.py", line 161, in wrapper return f(self, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/sql_db.py", line 226, in execute res = self._obj.execute(query, params)

DataError: new encoding (UTF8) is incompatible with the encoding of the template database (SQL_ASCII) HINT: Use the same encoding as in the template database, or use template0 as template.

Discard
Best Answer

hey brother, Thanks for the so clear and helpful article. Can I ask a question to you : I want to set up two vertion oe in my ubuntu server.One for demo , and one for test.But I don't know how to configure the second oe.Can I new a postgresql user for the second to solve the problem...And where can I change the 8069 port to other...

Discard
Best Answer

If I am using the open source bzr way, how do I get the patch url when using the command below?

bzr patch PATCH_FILE_NAME_OR_URL

is there a launchpad where i can access all patches? any help? Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello All,

This is great Post, I have success fully install OpenERP on my VMware (Ubuntu 12.10 LTS 64-bit), but unfortunenately openerp-server can't run automatically, I had check and found no error. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Syarbel Budiman

Discard
Best Answer

sorry, comment function is not working ...

@André Schenkels

1. do you know whether the community backport version (ocb) of OpenERP/Odoo is available via github already? would you mind to add the right link for that?
  2. I suggest to put your howto in a separate thread

best ...Gunnar

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Guys !!

We are an IT development company based in India, We are Gold partners with Oracle and are experts in ERP implementation.

We have also developed a Mini ERP to meet the needs of the SME's.

We get very good reviews for our end-to-end IT services from our clients.

We can cater to any requirement in IT and that too in affordable prices.

Why should a modest budget mean you have to compromise on the quality of the services or products.

Do give us a call to discuss your needs and rest assured for the best services.

Best Regards,

Akash Verma

Sr. Business Development Manager

SRDT Pvt. Ltd.

+91-8176047544

Discard
Best Answer

I did follow all the instructions, step by step, BUT when i try to run the server, i got this error:

openerp@erp7:~/v7/server$ Traceback (most recent call last): File "./openerp-server", line 5, in <module> openerp.cli.main() File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/cli/__init__.py", line 61, in main o.run(args) File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/cli/server.py", line 265, in run main(args) File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/cli/server.py", line 225, in main openerp.netsvc.init_logger() File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/netsvc.py", line 154, in init_logger resetlocale() File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/tools/translate.py", line 1043, in resetlocale for ln in get_locales(): File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/tools/translate.py", line 1011, in get_locales lang = locale.getdefaultlocale()[0] File "/usr/lib/python2.7/locale.py", line 503, in getdefaultlocale return _parse_localename(localename) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/locale.py", line 435, in _parse_localename raise ValueError, 'unknown locale: %s' % localename ValueError: unknown locale: UTF-8 openerp@erp7:~/v7/server$

do you have any clues, why i got this?

thanks

Discard

any clues about this ?root@v7erp:~# sudo su - openerp -s /bin/bash openerp@v7erp:~$ /opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp-server 2013-06-09 18:09:28,395 23526 INFO ? openerp: OpenERP version 7.0 2013-06-09 18:09:28,395 23526 INFO ? openerp: addons paths: /opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/addons 2013-06-09 18:09:28,396 23526 INFO ? openerp: database hostname: localhost 2013-06-09 18:09:28,396 23526 INFO ? openerp: database port: 5432 2013-06-09 18:09:28,396 23526 INFO ? openerp: database user: openerp 2013-06-09 18:09:28,398 23526 WARNING ? openerp.modules.module: module web: module not found 2013-06-09

Author

make your ubuntu installation in English problem will be solved