This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Would like to issue a debit note to a customer for travel expenses incurred in a project.

In the contract I have selected "Charge Expenses" under Invoicing, and then collected expenses from HR module to the analytic account of this contract. But I'm not sure how the invoicing to the customer should work from here. When I create an invoice based on the expense analytic lines, the system seems to apply a price from pricelist instead of using the expense amount. My expectation was to bill the exact same amount as the actual expenses incurred.

I would like to know if I am missing something or the system is just working as designed. If the latter is the case I would like to know the rationale of this design.

Discard
Best Answer

The feature you need does not exists. OpenERP only allows to reinvoice expenses at a fixed price (usually defined per contract with the pricelist) and not the real cost.

Discard
Author

Thanks, Fabien. I understand the current design. I guess the point of selecting "Charge Expenses" is to at least be able to capture on contract what to invoice to the customer.