This question has been flagged
14 Replies

In version 6.1, a customer was linked to 1 or many addresses.

Since version 7.0, there is no longer addresses, so my question is: how do I link different addresses (optionally with a type 'default', 'delivery', ...) to an individual customer (not a company)?

Basic use case: Mr X usually uses his home address for invoicing but prefer to be delivered at his work address (or relay point, ...).

Mr X is not a company. How do I link the different addresses to Mr X?

I can flag the customer as is_company so I'm able to link contacts on my customer, but the is_company is semantically inappropriate and I wonder if using it in this manner couldn't have side-effects (addons using the is_company flag to apply some logic for companies only for instance...).

So, what is the correct way to handle that?

Discard

It might be easiest indeed to create him as a company, although he is an individual and I would set the company as the invoice address and the contacts could be several shipping addresses. That way when you check the option in Settings > Sales, the invoice address will already be set correctly.

I had a similar problem (recording pultiple addresses for a person) and ended up writing a module to distinguish the types and hierarchy in the UI. (Allowing me to add addresses to contacts that aren't companies.) AFAIK, the sales modules can handle this even though the built-in partner editing UI does not.

Author

I reported a bug on that issue and it has been confirmed by OpenERP S.A. https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+bug/1151947

Any solution for this? I need the same. We have a online shop and our customers often want that we deliver to their work address...

Best Answer

Hello Guewen,

Follwing step to attach different addressing on individual customer

• In sales App -> click on Sales menu

• Select Customer -> Click on create button

• In that bottom one other Create button  just click it

• Then you will see Contact,Invoice Address,Shipping Address and Other Address tabs

• you can add all addresses one by one

Thanks

Discard
Author

Hello,

My question dates from when it was not possible to do what you describe. Since 9.0, the steps you describe are indeed correct.

Thanks

Best Answer

Although it is a topic with different opinions we want to start to create a new module to add the possibility to handle multiple addresses, emails and phones per partner. If you are still interested feel free to participate at https://github.com/blooparksystems/partner/issues/1. Ideas, approaches, solutions are welcome.

Discard
Best Answer

They still have address types! all be it a little different!

Eg - go to Sales>Sales>Customers

Create a company - select "is a company" - fill in the default address - Save.

Then create a person - select the company. - select the address type (dont leave a default or the default address will be changed), un-check the "use company address" - type in different address!

Note if you try to add another partner by editing a company and creating a contact from their, then you dont have the direct option of changing the address or type. However you can then select the partner (person) from the customer/supplier list and then edit it to change the address.

All done! :)

Discard
Author

Thanks for your answer, it would be a good one for the question 'how do I define an address type on a contact', but here my question is 'how do I link different addresses to an individual customer, not a company?'

Best Answer

In Sales app 

Top menu  Sales->customers->CONTACTS & ADDRESSES tab 

you can click Create button 

then you will see Contact,Invoice Address,Shipping Address and Other Address tabs

you can add all addresses one by one 

Discard
Best Answer

check this module https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/base_contact/

Contacts Management

This module was written to extend the contact management functionality. It allows you to:

set several job positions (address) per contact in different companies per contact,

set some extra informations like birthdate and nationality.

Discard
Best Answer

This is a good solution, problem is if you have one contact who is their own entity or even company. Adding the same contact on more than one company is impossible. This makes the contacts and companies modules useless. Am I missing something that is already available in other ERP/CRM systems?

Discard
Author

You necessarily have to create it twice.

Author

I still think that's not a good solution: individual customers are not companies.

I agree with your previous statements Guewen, did you ever find a better solution on this than making everyone a company?