This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello Everyone. 
I am trying to educate myself about Odoo manufacturing in the community edition. Most of the self help material I found refer to a menu item called "master data", but I don't see it in my manufacturing app. I was able to find a few of the sub-menu items under master data menu such as bill of material, but there are still couple of items that I can't find, ex. "routs". 

Can someone tell me what's going on with my Odoo? 

Thank you

Discard
Author Best Answer

Here is an example which is from Odoo 14 manufacturing documentation:  https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/14.0/manufacturing/management/bill_configuration.html

For example here it's said: "Before creating your BoM, you have to create the product using the BoM and, at least, one of the components. Go to the Master Data menu ‣ Products and create both the finished product and the component."

Thanks. 

Discard

i think these documentations are not updated yet, this is just copy of old versions documentation, better you can have a look at the odoo youtube channel

hi Mhd, where is this Master Data. I dont find this in my app? what version should i use?

Best Answer

Hi,

You might be referring to a wrong documentation or an outdated documentation. Nice if you add the refereed documentation along with the question. 

Have a look at this odoo webinar about manufacturing:  Managing Custom Manufacturing/Job Shops in V14

Thanks

Discard

Hi Niyas, i checked your link, but it appears the manufacturing app used by the presenter has a Master Data menu title. The version 14 I uploaded in trial has no caption like that. Appreciate your clarification