This question has been flagged

If you do not work in English or your company works in various languages, you could need to translate some fields. Here are the different ways of doing it.

Discard
Author Best Answer

You want to directly update translations in your own database

In this case, you have 2 options: 

1. If your field is a “text” field, you can click on the translation logo (“EN” in this example) and directly add the translations on the popup.

1. You can access the other fields via the “Fields Selection menu.
    Activate the Debug mode => Technical menu => Fields Selection => look for the fields you want to translate. In this example: the Product Type selection field from the product form.

1. If you need to translate more specific content, for example the “Help tooltip” that appears when your mouse is on a field, you will have to go in the “Translations” menu. This model gathers all your database translations.
    Activate the Debug mode => Translations menu => Translated terms => Search for your term via the search bar 

You want to update translations for all Odoo standard

If you want to help us improve Odoo standard translations, you will have to add them on Transifex. To do so, you can: 

1. Go into the Transifex website (you can directly search “odoo transifex” in Google)

2. Log In

3. Look for the Odoo module and the language you want to update 

1. Add your translations

Your translations will not be directly updated in the standard databases. 

1. The translated items are synchronized from Transifex to our Github every Sunday

2. The translated items are deployed from Github to the client’s Server every Monday IF they are on SaaS.
    If they are not on SaaS, they will have to manually do the update. You can check this documentation to know how to do it:
    https://www.odoo.com/documentation/15.0/administration/install/install.html

3. To have the translations updated on their DB, they have to “Generate the missing terms” with the debug mode: 

Discard

Hello Véronique,

I am using odoo 16.0 and I don't see the "Application Terms" menu nor the 2 sub-menus. I hear that there is also a Transifex Module but I cannot find it anywhere. Any aideas?

Thank you,
Peter

Best Answer

How to programmatically update the French translation value in Odoo 17?

Discard
Best Answer

I have the same question as Peter for Odoo ver. 16. Under 15.2 it was still possible to manually change the translations.

Where did this functionality go?

Thanks and regards,

Michael

Discard

Hello, in V16 the translations are mainly done by the export of the Po file (App Settings (debug mode) =>Translations =>Export translations) you can then change the values and import it again for the concerned language