This question has been flagged

Hello all, I have scoured the forums and the web for 4 days looking for a solution and so far none. I cannot print any QWeb reports (Quotation or Invoice are the ones I've tried).

I CAN print PDF reports in accounting, it only fails when I use a window action to print something. I confirmed that wkhtmltopdf is working. 

Here's what I've tried so far: 

• Updated web.base.url to use the https desgination 

• Added web.base.url.freeze and added true value

• Added report.url parameter with value http://0.0.0.0:8069

• Uninstalled and reinstalled modules

• Looked in the database to see if the actions got screwed up (can't figure out why it is looking for the backend template for sale.sale_order_portal_template  even when I try to print an invoice

• Validated that the template exists and it is untouched from the installation according to what is on github.

• Validated that the same error occurs when viewing in html. 

About the environment: I am running this on AWS using Ubuntu 18.04 and also using nginx to reroute from 8069 to 80 and also for SSL. I don't know much about python so I have not modified any of the .py files. 

Thank you for reading and I hope that someone out there has a solution. 

Error:

Odoo Server Error

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/base/models/qweb.py", line 332, in _compiled_fn

return compiled(self, append, new, options, log)

File "<template>", line 1, in template_sale_sale_order_portal_template_357

File "<template>", line 2, in body_call_content_355

File "<template>", line 5, in set_315

File "<template>", line 6, in body_call_content_313

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '_name'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/web/controllers/main.py", line 2023, in report_download

response = self.report_routes(reportname, docids=docids, converter=converter, context=context)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/http.py", line 515, in response_wrap

response = f(*args, **kw)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/web/controllers/main.py", line 1961, in report_routes

pdf = report.with_context(context).render_qweb_pdf(docids, data=data)[0]

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/base/models/ir_actions_report.py", line 727, in render_qweb_pdf

html = self.with_context(context).render_qweb_html(res_ids, data=data)[0]

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/base/models/ir_actions_report.py", line 767, in render_qweb_html

return self.render_template(self.report_name, data), 'html'

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/base/models/ir_actions_report.py", line 541, in render_template

return view_obj.render_template(template, values)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/web_window_title/models/ir_ui_view.py", line 18, in render_template

return super(View, self).render_template(template, values=values, engine=engine)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/base/models/ir_ui_view.py", line 1174, in render_template

return self.browse(self.get_view_id(template)).render(values, engine)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/web_editor/models/ir_ui_view.py", line 25, in render

return super(IrUiView, self).render(values=values, engine=engine, minimal_qcontext=minimal_qcontext)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/base/models/ir_ui_view.py", line 1182, in render

return self.env[engine].render(self.id, qcontext)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/base/models/ir_qweb.py", line 58, in render

result = super(IrQWeb, self).render(id_or_xml_id, values=values, **context)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/base/models/qweb.py", line 260, in render

self.compile(template, options)(self, body.append, values or {})

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/base/models/qweb.py", line 334, in _compiled_fn

raise e

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/base/models/qweb.py", line 332, in _compiled_fn

File "<template>", line 1, in template_sale_report_saleorder_227

File "<template>", line 2, in body_call_content_225

File "<template>", line 3, in foreach_224

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/base/models/qweb.py", line 334, in _compiled_fn

raise e

File "<template>", line 1, in template_sale_report_saleorder_document_277

raise e

File "<template>", line 1, in template_web_external_layout_308

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/base/models/qweb.py", line 339, in _compiled_fn

raise QWebException("Error to render compiling AST", e, path, node and etree.tostring(node[0], encoding='unicode'), name)

odoo.addons.base.models.qweb.QWebException: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '_name'

File "<template>", line 1, in template_sale_sale_order_portal_template_357

File "<template>", line 2, in body_call_content_355

File "<template>", line 5, in set_315

File "<template>", line 6, in body_call_content_313

Error to render compiling AST

Template: sale.sale_order_portal_template

Path: /t/t/body/div[1]/t/t/t

Node: <t t-set="backend_url" t-value="'/web#model=%s&amp;id=%s&amp;action=%s&amp;view_type=form' % (sale_order._name, sale_order.id, action.id)"/>

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi all.. I was able to solve this myself. Adding an answer to help the next person. 

On the settings where I was modifying views (before I found the Technical Menu) there is a dropdown in Business Documents - Document Layout. Be sure that box is clear and then press save. If that dropdown has anything in it, then all qweb reports will try to use that document. 

Discard