This question has been flagged

This is on Odoo 12. I'm importing my products from Excel, and part of our workflow involves updating products pretty frequently. However, I'm noticing that every time a product gets updated, it creates a duplicate seller_ids/id, meaning that looking at the list of vendors under the purchase tab of the product shows a list of copies of the same vendor information. (https://imgur.com/m8Hl09Z) I tried editing my spreadsheets to specify a custom seller_ids/id field, but the import gives a "no matching record found" error and doesn't offer a "create if does not exist" option. (https://imgur.com/GAbj9Sf)

Has anyone else run into this/have any ideas on how to fix it? I haven't noticed it directly affect anything yet, but it makes the database messy and I'm worried about it causing issues down the road.

Edit: I don't have enough karma to leave comments, so in response to Avinash - thanks, but I think what you're seeing is an inaccuracy in Odoo's error message. The field is indeed being imported as Vendors/External ID, although the error message doesn't reflect that.

As a bit more context: the Excel sheets I'm importing are auto-generated by a Solidworks macro I wrote so that we could import all of our products, stored as Solidworks assemblies, into Odoo. The macro currently doesn't specify the Vendors/External ID, and was only including the Vendors/Vendor, Vendors/Currency, and Vendors/Price fields. I tried editing it to generate a custom Vendors/External ID based on the product's part number, and got the error from the second screenshot.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Patrick,

I think, you are Importing wrong Data for vendor line.

When you export the data from the system with vendors information, you will get the external id's of all vendors line in the Vendor column.

Change this Vendor column name to Vendors/External ID then Import.

At this time I hope you will not get such errors.

Eg:

External ID Vendors/External ID Vendors/Price

product.product_product_25_product_template

product.product_supplierinfo_16

In this example, only the Price of that vendor is changing.

Thanks & Regards

Avinash N K

Discard