This question has been flagged
3 Replies

This is more than likely just a noob problem, but I can't seem to find any information surrounding the Odoo menu and what allows access to it. I am not talking about the Website menu, I am specifically referring to the Odoo menu that an Internal User sees once they sign in and allows them to navigate the various modules and business functions that they have been granted access to.

I am creating a new User Type group named "employee", I am trying to just give them access to one specific module, which in theory is easy enough, but when I save the new group, add a test user to the group and sign in, there is no Odoo menu. I am stuck on the "Portal User" or "Public User" view from the website. I am sure it is just a flag I am missing somewhere for the group access, but I cannot seem to find it.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Discard

Did you find what you were looking for ?

Best Answer

Hi Peter! What exactly did you do? I always have a problem creating a new user type.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Yes I figured it out. It is all about controlling the Access Rights for each Group that said user is part of. I took the approach of stripping all groups from default users created, and ensuring that any groups said user is part of does not provide access to any menus, or models I do not want them to see.

A big tip for anyone else going through this issue with a pretty "out of the box" permissions setup, investigate all access provided by "Internal User". This group is integral for a lot of employees to have, but also comes with a ton of access you may not want most employees to have. Strip out as much of it as you can (without rendering it useless) and add it to a new group for higher level access.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Any new news ?

Discard
Author

Check answer I just posted.