This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello everyone,

I have following scenario, that I am not sure how to model in Odoo:

• let`s say I have PO for 50.000E for service activities for 2021, but this money may be consumed each month based on time-reports

• each month I check in external time-reporting system what was done for this customer

• after each month I issue an invoice for that customer, that is bind with PO

Now my question is:

How to control remaining budget that is on PO?

What I do right now is that I do "down payment" but this not solve the problem of controlling how much money remains on the PO. If I do down payment for 10.000 E (see example) I do not have information, that 40.000E is what is remaining on account.

I would like also Odoo to prevent me of invoicing more than I am allowed (I cannot invoice more that it was order, to do so I need another PO).

Do You have any idea how to solve this, I think quite common topic?

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Ray,

first of all - thank You for investing some of Your time in this answer.

Currently I am using community version for a trial, maybe one day we`ll implement enterprise in our company as I like the design.

As to Your solution, unfortunatelly this is not a solution for my requirements

• If I do down payment for 10.000 E (see example) I do not have information, that 40.000E is what is remaining on account.

• I would like also Odoo to prevent me from invoicing more than I am allowed (I cannot invoice more that it was order, to do so I need another PO

Your solution is kind of extension of what I am doing at the moment.

To be honest, I am not happy with possibility to edit confirmed Sale Order. When I have agreed officially with my customer on something I wouldn`t like to accidentally change information in system.

Changing Ordered/ Deliverd ration gives kind of overview on where I am, but still - there is no info about remaining budget. I have to calculate this by my own, which in fact is not university level math, but I would expect from the ERP system, to simplify my work at every possible stage.

In my business we prepare offers for time&material for different roles (different pricelist position, of course) and  that defines our budget volumen. Later one role can consume all the budget (price_list(one role) * worked_time) - it`s up to me and customer.

Therefore Your solution could work but is not providing me missing information. Maybe with those additional explainations You would be so kind to extend Your proposal?

Thanks in advance, 

Piotr

Discard
Best Answer

This is how this could work in v14 Enterprise (please specify the version and edition you are using when you ask for help as the answer may be different)

Create a Product like this, so you can update what has been consumed each month:

Create a Sales Order with this product on it, and the expected amount:

Create your first Customer Invoice like this:

Your Sales Order will then look like this:

Then, update your Sales Order each time month, to enter the delivered quantity matching the money your Customer has consumed.

Your first Invoice would be for $10,000 (do not deduct the down payment).

Continue creating Invoices (continue not deducting the down payment), as you continue to update the consumption and there is a clear indication of the original quantity, the delivered quantity and the invoiced quantity of dollars/euros:

You would deduct the down payment perhaps from the very last Invoice:

This invoice would be $0, because the last $10,000 they owe you would come from the first Invoice - the down payment they paid.

Discard