This question has been flagged

Hello,

Let's say a company ( i.e. the legal entity )  has multiple divisions.  The company would like to have a separate chart of account for each division, in order to have a clear view on costs and benefets of each division.  For legal purposes there is still the chart of accounts of the legal company.

In odoo it's fairly easy to configure a subcompany for each division, and to give subcompany/division its own COA.  Is it however possible to have a consolidated accounting for the parent company to fulfill the legal requirements ?  Can the tax declarations be sent from the accounting of the parent company ?

I know odoo account supports consolidated accounts, but i want to know if this would work out well in this case ?

Or is it allowed in Belgium to send multiple VAT declarations one for each division ?

Regards,

Jos

Discard
Best Answer

I can't comment on Belgian tax laws, but from an operational accounting perspective the is flexibility to build whatever you want. My suggestion for a multi-company situuation is that the parent entity is non-trading and it's chart of accounts is set up as consolidation accounts linked to the child accounts. That way the reports at the group level accurately reflect the consolidated results.

Discard