Help

Client portal: how can client see messages and documents?

Ying

Hi,

I am testing client portal feature.

I created a task which the client is set in the Extra->Customer field. I granted portal access to the client, and added the client to the task's follower list.

What type of messages will show up in Message and Communication History?

I tested adding Log Note, or send message to client, or attach files, but nothing appear in client's portal view of the task.

What is the best way to post messages and files for client to view in the portal?

2 Comments
Discard
Ricardo Gross
-

Is a good question! Even if you edit the "folower" subscription, the activities and notes (even if you add the contact after the @) will only work for internal users, unfortunately only the messages work for portal users!

Ying
-

OK. That brings the question: "why do we need this Message and communication history section if it will always be empty?"

1 Answer
Best Answer

Hi Ying,

Portal user you can see the messages posted in the chatter of the Task, but will not able to see the log notes and the Scheduled activities.

Thanks

Regards,

Email:      odoo@aktivsoftware.com  

1 Comment
Discard
Ying
-

ok, I tested. When I sent a message to client, they received an email, but the message is not shown up in the portal. Also, is there a way to let them see attachment files?