This question has been flagged

hello,

I am pretty new here. I was designing my website using odoo's website builder and I accidentally removed the footer and I can no longer add it.

I tried drag and drop at the bottom of the home page but it was added to the homepage instead of the footer. How can I add it?

Discard
Best Answer

Odoo adds a customized version of the footer when you delete it using the website editor. If you delete this customized view, the footer will revert to the original setting.

Activate developer mode by going to Settings > General Settings, scrolling all the way down and clicking on Activate the developer mode. Then go to Settings > Technical > User Interface > Views and search for footer. You will see 2 views called Footer with a key of website.footer_custom . One of them will have a blank Website field and the other will have the name of the Website from which you deleted the footer. The contents of the second view will look somewhat like so.

<data inherit_id="website.layout" name="Footer">
  <xpath expr="//div[@id='footer']" position="replace">
    <div id="footer" class="oe_structure oe_structure_solo" t-ignore="true" t-if="not no_footer">

</div>
  </xpath>
</data>

Delete this view and your home page will be restored to it's default state.

NOTE: Try this on a copy of the database first.

Discard

Worked perfectly, thank you!

Hello, this doesn't work as stated in the latest version (as of this date). After activating the developer mode in Settings, an "Applications app" is added to the CRM dashboard for Odoo Online users. If you go into it, there is a "Technical" tab; however when you select it it is empty. Could someone help please as even trying the workaround provided by Ricardo Gross doesn't work, as you would have to add your Text block (duplicated of course) to each page. It doesn't automatically post to all pages (and I didn't see any field allowing me to set it to do so.) Please note, that after turning on the developer tool, nothing changes in the Settings (i.e., no "Technical" tab displays there. I only found it in the Application app [module]). Thanks in advance for help!

P.S. I could add it to the web page via Inspect Elements if someone could tell me what the code would be and where to place it, as I'm not super HTML savvy.

Best Answer

Hi,

Simply add a Text block at the bottom of the home page and it will work like a Footer (visible on all pages). From version 13.3 even with specific footer functions.

Note that in the text block you can set the number of columns, color, ... , as in the original Footer.

BR

Ricardo

Discard