Help

Attribute Variant Creation Mode Dynamic not visible on POS V14

Paulina Buitron

In Odoo enterprise v14, I have attributes with variant creation mode Dynamic added on products and when I add them on my products on the variants tab and save, the product stops appearing on the Point of Sale, it's no longer available to select or viewed even if the option available on PoS is selected. 

Discard
1 Answer
Pritee Pallavi Behera
Best Answer

Variant Creation mode "Dynamic" will create the Product Variant only after a sales order is generated.

For example the product is T-Shirt and Attribute is Color with the values Black and White(variant creation mode-Dynamic). No product variant will be shown in the name of T-shirt in Sales> Product> Product Variant. But if a sales order is created and confirmed with the Product "T-shirt" and Attribute value "Black" then the same will be created as a product variant.

This is the reason why you did not find the Product on the PoS as there is no product variant available right now.

To see the product again you can create sales order with each attribute value and after confirming it you have to cancel and delete the order to avoid any confusion.

Or you have to delete the existing attribute and  create a new attribute with Variant Creation Mode "Instantly" as you can not change the creation mode once attribute is used on at least one Product.

How can you automate your manufacturing processes? Sign up for our next webinar to know more!

Pritee Pallavi Behera

Junior Odoo Consultant

Tel: +353 1 886 5684 (IE) +44 121 285 5684 (UK)  +91 964 381 7554 (IN)

Target Integration | CRM ERP Cloud

Website | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram

Discard