This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Every time I try to create a new Odoo 8.0 database, I get message "Unable to login on database Odoo8" while on the database selector. I can't even get to the login screen where I should write username and password.

So I move to the database manager, where I try to erase the just-created database, only to create a new one. But when the browser page refreshes, I am back to the database selector, with the same error showing up.

Why is this happening? How can I solve it?

This is my traceback:

2017-10-23 17:40:07,591 6679 ERROR None openerp.service.db: CREATE DATABASE failed:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/OCB8.0/OCB/openerp/service/db.py", line 37, in _initialize_db

openerp.modules.db.initialize(cr)

File "/OCB8.0/OCB/openerp/modules/db.py", line 63, in initialize

info = openerp.modules.load_information_from_description_file(i)

File "/OCB8.0/OCB/openerp/modules/module.py", line 251, in load_information_from_description_file

info.update(eval(f.read()))

File "/OCB8.0/OCB/openerp/tools/safe_eval.py", line 312, in safe_eval

c = test_expr(expr, _SAFE_OPCODES, mode=mode)

File "/OCB8.0/OCB/openerp/tools/safe_eval.py", line 167, in test_expr

code_obj = compile(expr, "", mode)

File "<string>", line 38

<<<<<<< Updated upstream

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Discard
Best Answer

1. After installing odoo
2. Go to the configuration file and
3. change the port,
4. write filter_db = "odoo_12"  (Your current db

5. Restart and reload 
 Note: 
If after creating database and it gives issues:
copy the database name, Add the db name to the dbfilter and then restart
both postgresql and odoo server

Discard
Author Best Answer

@ Ermin Trevisan:

problem is, the database is actually created. I have it in the database selector, as well as any other database I already had (another db on Odoo 8.0, and another on Odoo 10.0). When go to Manage Database -> Erase Database, it's in the list as well - and I can erase it. Of course, it disappears after I do that. But in the meanwhile, after I get the error and before I erase it, the database exists - I even tried to create another database with the same name, and Odoo didn't allow me because of it!

Simply, I can't login into it, and I can't login into any new Odoo 8.0 database (but I am still able to login into the Odoo 8.0 dbs I already created).

EDIT: now, and it didn't happen before, when I try to create a new db, I get the following errors:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'apply' of undefined
http://localhost:8069/web/static/src/js/core.js:759
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'apply' of undefined
http://localhost:8069/web/static/src/js/core.js:769
Discard
Best Answer

You can't login to a database which does not exist, because the creation has failed, as described in the log. Please check your Odoo installation and read the docs: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/8.0/setup/install.html

Discard