This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi all, I need to manage more shipment address to a customer.

This function is available only if a customer is a company... The workaround is to flag the customer as a company, add an  alternative shipment address and then turn off again the flag in "is a company".

It is correct ?

Discard
Author

I need to manage more contacts also for private customers. It's a standard functionality: i.e. a person need to have the order shipped to the place where works, or in case of a gift ...

Best Answer

Yes. But the more accurate way of using your contacts is when you create a Company Contact, and then associate people you know from the company.

E.g. John and ABC.com

You create separate contacts for ABC.com and John, but John is associated to ABC.com. (You can add/associate the contact when your open a company contact and add it from the 'Contact' tab.

Discard
Author

The problem is that customer is not a company and is not associated to any company. it's a private customer with a different shipping address respect the residential address

Your customer may not be a company, but u can treat the company as a group. When you say create a company as a group for customer A as "A", and you have 3 address for customer A, what you can do is create individual contacts for different address for this customer A. So you would have, "Customer A -1", "Customer A -2" and "Customer A -3". And because u group them by company, in Sales Order (for example), you can see that the contacts are prefixed by the company name, So u would have "A, Customer A- 1" and so forth , for u to select the correct address.