This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi All,

I want to change the menu name for the existing menu items.  I know it can be done via code by using the below.

<record id="model_name.menu_id" model="ir.ui.menu">

<field name="name">Menu Name</field>

</record>

But I need to change it in the menu. I can able to edit it directly under the Menu Item. But it was changed after the upgrade of the specific module. Can you guys help me to achieve this case?

Thanks in Advance.

Discard
Best Answer

If you don't want to change it again even after the module update, you need to set the menu as noupdate=true.

You can do it as follow:

1) Enable developer mode and open "metadata" of the record:

2) Click on the "change" option to make it true:

This will not override your change even after module is updated/

Discard

the option is not available in v11

Best Answer

Hi,

If the issue the that you are facing is that, after changing the name of menu from Settings -> Technical -> User Interface -> Menu Items, the changed name will be reset to the original menu name itself on upgrading corresponding module, to stop it, what you can do is that, set No-update True for the record.

To set noupdate as True in Odoo11, navigate to Settings -> Technical -> Sequence & Identifiers ->External Identifiers, search for the ID of your menu and open it and tick Non Updatable.

Thanks

Discard

Thank you. Odoo 8 Community used "Accountiing" where it is now "Invoicing". And "Warehouse" where it is now "Inventory". I changed these to the earlier nomenclature. More in my memory bank.
Thank you for posting this solution!