This question has been flagged

Hi team,

Just for example purposes, I am a company that buys second hand computers and servers.
When we receive the inventory and we put it directly into our warehouse.

E.g. Receive HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen 10 server.

But at times we require to take components from that server to use so we divide up the parts, e.g:
The RAM, raid card, SAS disk, Chassis, power supply etc.

I just recently installed the Manufacturing Module that allowed me to 'Unbuild' a standard server into its components but I could not figure out a way to assign a unique serial number for each individual part.

When I tried it threw up an error, 
"Some of your components are tracked, you have to specify a manufacturing order in order to retrieve the correct components."

If I create a manufacturing order, it will throw up the error:

"You cannot unbuild a undone manufacturing order."

One workaround I had was to change the product (components) so that they did not include a serial number, using this method, I was able to unbuild my product, but I would like a way to unbuild a product and input the serial number of each component so that we can easily track them.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Discard

Hi Terry,

Did you find the workaround for this problem? I have the same problem. Thank you. Regards.

Best Answer

Unbuild orders are used to undo a completed MO, where the components used were from stock

If your operation is to disassemble a product, then you would use a manufacturing order with the product being the BOM component and By-products the individual components.

In the example above create BOM for a component
BOM for RAM

Component - HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen 10 Server

By Products
Raid card
SAS disk
chassis
power supply

This would allow you to record and track with serial numbers

Discard