This question has been flagged
1 Reply

How to add screenshot in a custom module so it can be displayed in the "Screenshot" tab alongside "Description", "Techical Data" and "Features"?

Edited:
The Axel solution is meant to work in Odoo, as explained also here https://www.odoo.com/apps/upload/ (although the "Screeshot" tab is still there and remains empty) but I'm working with OpenERP 7.0.

[version 8.0]:
The Axel solution works but the Screenshot tabs remains empty, although I put the "images key of the manifest, like 'images': ['images/main_screenshot.png']".

[version 7.0]:
None of the solutions are working, both index.html and 'images' key are ignored.

Discard

you want to add another tab screen shot after Features page?

Author

Hi Solanki, I did as Axel Mendoza explained (that is suggested here also https://www.odoo.com/apps/upload/) but my intent was more likely the one you understood. The Axel solution is meant to work in Odoo (although the "Screeshot" tab is still there and remains empty) but I'm working with OpenERP 7.0. [version 8.0]: The Axel solution works but de Screenshot tabs remains empty, although I put the "images key of the manifest, like 'images': ['images/main_screenshot.png']". [version 7.0]: None of the solutions are working, both index.html and 'images' key are ignored.

still without a solution?

Best Answer

You need to specify the "Description" of the module in a file like (example for the crm module):

/openerp/addons/crm/static/description/index.html

Put the needed images inside the description folder and use directly by their names, or provide the path to the image relative to the description folder or absolute path that need to begin with the module name

Discard
Author

Hi Axel, this solution works maybe for version 8.0 and above, but I'm still looking for a way to do the same in version 7.0

Author

Now the screenshots seems handles by the 'images' key in __openerp__.py dictionary:

'images': [

'static/description/wht_screenshot.PNG',

],