This question has been flagged

Whenever I install an app or update an app, I got the following alert for most of the times. And I have to restart odoo and postgres service to install it:

The server is busy right now, module operations are not possible at this time, please try again later. 

I am using odoo 12 on GCP. The speed of my website is good. I am using 4 CPU with 8G Ram. I am not sure if it is caused by wrong worker configuration. Anyway, here is my workers set up. 

workers = 9
limit_memory_hard = 6845104128
limit_memory_soft = 5704253440
limit_request = 8192
limit_time_cpu = 600
limit_time_real = 1200
max_cron_threads = 1

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

This message is raised during the execution of the automated actions, if an automated action is getting executing now, at the same time the module operations like install, upgrade, uninstall cant perform. So to prevent the module operation at the time of the execution of the automated actions you are getting this message.

There is no need to restart the service or Postgres, just wait for sometime till the operation get completed.

Thanks

Discard
Author

Yes, I believe you made the right point. I changed the frequency of an automated action which takes 5 minutes interval to 30 and my app installation and update is much more smooth. Than you for your answer.

Author

I do have a further question. Is there any way to avoid the server busy issue for module install/update? Why the cron job prevent that? Is there anything to do with the cron job worker? Will it be avoid if I increase the cron job worker from 1 to some number larger. The reason I care about this is that one of my automation action take place from time to time for long time that make our system maintenance difficult. Thank you!

Best Answer

Is there any way to force module update when I am using odoo in a docker?

Discard
Best Answer

Please restart the server and immediately upgrade your module 

or wait for the backend process to complete 

Discard
Best Answer

Since for maintenance you must restart de odoo server after, another option is force update the specific module/s using odoo-bin + "'--stop-after-init"; with this you ensure doing the updates freely...

For example:

.//odoo-bin -d -u --stop-after-init

After that and if the update was successful start the service and that's it

Discard