This question has been flagged
5 Replies

In my system, there were 2 Odoo packages, with one folder being named as 'odoo' while the other one named as 'odoo_live'.

My instance was running on the package directory 'odoo_live', thus I deleted the other package/directory ie odoo, since it was not in use.

However after the deletion, I was in for surprise!!, looks like my current database were storing its attachment files under the directory odoo-package, i.e "/opt/odoo/.local/share/Odoo/filestore..."
Now I wonder how to recover, because now my database is having trouble when it is unable to find those files/attachments.

Is there a way to recover, like by regenerating those files, and directing it to appropriate folder, please suggest.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Found the solution, bit tedious work actually, but this solved my issue.

For anyone seeking the solution for the same, please refer the below link.

Bug when restore with the backup database not include filestore

Conclusion:

Was able to fix this problem with a workaround: manually going into the database and removing the entries pointing to the missing files from filestore

DELETE FROM ir_attachment WHERE store_fname LIKE '%<the ending hash>%'

For Example:

2016-05-06 09:07:25,787 1 INFO database-name openerp.addons.base.ir.ir_attachment: _read_file reading /var/lib/odoo/filestore/<database name>/82/825be0a9492aa429844218238d35347d6a3c9220
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_attachment.py", line 105, in _file_read
    r = open(full_path,'rb').read().encode('base64')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/var/lib/odoo/filestore/<database name>/82/825be0a9492aa429844218238d35347d6a3c9220'

So the above error would be fixed by doing

DELETE FROM ir_attachment WHERE store_fname LIKE'%825be0a9492aa429844218238d35347d6a3c9220%';

After doing this for every problematic file, Odoo re-compiled all the assets and the backend started working again.

P.S. For more detailed explanation, please refer the answer suggested by aisopuro in the above link.

Discard

Great post. Thank you

Author

ThankQ

Best Answer

Getting  same issue after  i changed my production server,in above case you are deleted the attachments from database. is there any way to recover or regenerate deleted attachment files from filestore folder

Discard
Best Answer

@ajay

did you managed to fix your issue ? 

Discard