This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I am trying to import our purchase history using the built in .CSV import tool, however when I import purchase.order it sets the PO to a draft invoice. I do not see an option to set them as done - other than validating the invoice and receiving the products (which I do not want to do). I am not interested in having any accounting associated with this, I want the past POs in the system purely as reference.

-->

The user should be able to see the past purchases of a product (purchase.order.line) - This works fine.

The user should be able to view all historical purchase orders (purchase.order) set to done - at the moment when I import a PO it is always set to draft.

The user does not need to see the invoices, accounting or stock moves - these POs should be purely for reference.

How can this be done?

Edit - Should I be importing supplier invoices and lines rather than purchases?

(OE v7, Ubuntu 12.04)

Discard
Best Answer

Since you need those purchase order only for reference, better to directly update its state to done by a invoking direct sql in database. You have to set 'done' for field 'state' in the table purchase_order.

Discard

This answer is to short for me. Can you be more specific or give an example?

Author

If you use pgAdmin3 you can access the DB tables by opening your DB in the Object browser then navigating to Tables by expanding DB > Schemas > public > Tables. Find purchase_order in the list and edit away - I am just testing this method now. Thanks Arif!

Author

I ran an update script using pgAdmin3 which updated all states from 'draft' to 'done'. Here is a tutorial on SQL Update http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_update.asp