This question has been flagged

Hii,

We have a leave policy that if some employee didn't take all its annual vacations, its remaining balance will be transferred to then next year. 

e.g. One employee has 5 days balance previous year, so when we allocate annual vacations at the beginning of next year his balance should be 22 + 5 = 27. Annual vacations for an employee are 22.

How we can achieve it and work around? 

Leaves App and Odoo 12.

Thanks, 

Discard
Author

any one having some idea. thanks

Author Best Answer

I have tested that previous year's remaining vacations balance is automatically transferred/added to the next year's vacations balance in odoo 12, leaves app.

e.g. My annual legal vacations balance for year 2019 left unconsumed is 10 days. 1st of January 2020 we make an allocation for annual legal vacations for 22 days. System will show total Leaves Left 32 on employees leaves smart button. 

Discard
Best Answer

In Odoo V15 it does not work. In the following I allocated 19.5 days paid time off to Mitchell Admin for the time 1.4.-31.07.2022 , from which he only took 6 days, so 13.5 left. For 1.8.-31.12.2022 I allocated him 3 days. So today, on the 11.08.2022, he should have 13.5+3 days=16.5 days, but Odoo only says 3 days.

it only works, if you give the allocation "more time", means if the employees can take their vacation of the last year with them until 30.04. of the next year, the allocation time has to be accordingly 1.1.2022-30.4.2023. 

Then it works as intended; in my case If I give mitchell admin time for the first allocation of 19.5 days to be taken until 31.08., its possible in august: 

And I recognised that Odoo also seems to firstly take the days off from the old allocation but while testing this more and while my customer tested it, it came out, that odoo does not take days off from old allocations first but instead it simply takes the days off from the first or last entry in the list of allocations. And if the last one are hours of overtime, then it even takes those acc. to my customer ..

Discard