This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

How to link products to a specific warehouse. For example, when I purchase product A, it will automatically go to warehouse 01. When I buy product B,  it will automatically go to warehouse 02.

Is there a way to do this in odoo 11?

Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Yazeed,

You just need to set the route in the purchase order.

If you have "Multiple Location" setting enabled, in the PO you will see a field "" in the "Other Information" tab. You just need to select the appropriate delivery type (related to your warehouse) and process the PO.
The Shipment will take the destination location from the selected value from the "" field.

Discard
Best Answer

Products can be stored in any Warehouse. 

Select the Warehouse on the Purchase Order to make sure it goes to a specific one. 

Make two Purchase Orders, one per Warehouse, because most Vendor's prefer a single address per order.

If you have more than one Warehouse at the same real world location, you can use Routes or ReOrdering rules or ReSupply configuration to automate the movement of products from one Warehouse to another. 

Discard

How can we set warehouse on product template? I am not able to save the warehouse on a product?

You cannot. A product exists independently of where that product is stored, that information is not stored with the product but with an stock move record of that product. Instances of products exist in locations and warehouses. You can create a product "apple" before you have any food, so the warehouse is not related to the product but where you put the first order of apples you receive. See https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/14.0/addons/stock/doc/stock.rst for an explanation of the data model