This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I am trying to install v7.0 for the first time on a Win7 machine. Previously was installed a v.5.1.14 which has been desinstalled, and I use a new folder for the new version.

The installation went perfect, and I log admin, but when I try to install a new module, I get systematically the same long error message which ends with the sentence <the report="" "report.stock.picking.list"="" already="" exists!="">. I have tried many different modules, and get the same error, except the module Employee Directory which installs without error.

I am very annoyed because I can't use OpenERP. I am a confirmed user, I have been teaching it since version 5.0 four years ago. I like very much this software, but there is a tendency to push new versions of the software to the market before they are really ready. And I am surprised to not have the possibility to download previous versions.

Thank you for you help.

Discard
Best Answer

i did this to fix the problem:

cd /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7
chmod 000 openerp
/etc/init.d/openerp-server-7.0 restart

/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp is my openerp 6 folder.

I have openerp 7 installed in the /opt folder. It has it's own startscript.

Discard
Author

Thank you for the suggestion. However, I am installing OperERP on a WIn7 machine, and I can't find these folders ... Up till now, I am experiencing the same problem, I guess it has a simple solution as few people seem concerned.

I would appreciate your help folks as I need to have this installation ready in some weeks for teaching purposes.

On Win7, it will be in: 1- If you used the All in One Installer: C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0-xxxxxxxxxxxxx\Server\server\openerp\ 2- If you used setup.py to build OpenERP: C:\Program Files\Python27\Lib\site-packages\openerp-7.0_xxxxxxxxxxxxx-py2.7.egg\openerp

Right click on the folder > Properties > Untick 'Read Only' option.

Best Answer

After uninstalling V5 and installing V7, did you use the same database as before? Or did you start a new database?

What happens when you create a new database, do you get the same error?

Are there any custom made modules you use? Sometimes those modules have their own reports, or override / delete original reports.

Discard

I have the same bug. fresh database, no custom modules