This question has been flagged
1 Reply

In a training Video (Contacts and Importing Data) on the screen under "Sales and Purchases" tab ability tochoose if the contact "is a Customer" and/or "is a Vendor".

I dont see that option so how to add Vendor, I guess we can add them uisng Purchase Module. But how toensure if the contact is both dowe need to add them twice as cusotmer and vendor?

Discard
Best Answer

Yes, Odoo used to have an option to indicate that a contact was a customer or a vendor (supplier), but that was removed in Odoo 13.

Now there are two hidden fields for customer ranking and supplier ranking.  If you create a new vendor in the Purchase app, the vendor ranking is set to to 1.

You certainly don't need to add the contact twice as a customer and separately as a vendor.  In fact, you can use any contact as a customer or a vendor regardless of the customer ranking / vendor ranking.

But if you do want to set a contact as both a customer and a vendor it's easy to create a Server Action.   

Discard
Author

thanks so I understand the vendor is created in purchase and customer in sales or CRM

Yes, correct.