This question has been flagged
14 Replies

Hi guys

What is the correct way to create a div that is always showed on the bottom of the page?
I want to have a div print some text that is always right above the (custom) footer.
See this example:

Could anybody tell me the correct way to do this?
An example that I tried:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<openerp>
<data>
<template id="report_saleorder_document">
    <t t-call="report.external_layout">
        <div class="page">
            <div class="oe_structure"/>
            <div class="row">
<!--Lots of irrelevant code for this question -->
<div class="oe_structure"/>
       <div style="float:bottom;width:100%;height:50px;bottom:0;">
        <p>
        Custom content right above footer
        </p>
    </div>
</div>
    </t>
</template>

I've been trying with float:bottom etc but its not giving what I want. So  is there anything custom built-in for this in QWeb?

Discard

Why can't you include your "custom content right above the footer" in the footer?

Author

Because we already have a rather big footer and they don't want the footer to be higher. Plus the horizontal line would be above the text and the font should be different too.. So its something I'd rather not do / I'm not really allowed.

Author

And I'm ofcourse curious about how to do this for future reports I might need to make. There are more times/options where you can use this :)

did you get any solution; i am facing the same issue

Have you find any solution for this?

Any solution over this ??????????????????????, I am facing same issues

Best Answer

Hello,

I Think it's helpful for you. 

<div style="position:absolute;top:850px; page-break-inside: avoid;">
     Your Custom Content
</div>

Thanks.

Discard

Your solution works, but the problem is because of the position absolute, the custom content can overlap with the page content

Best Answer

Try this code after <div class="page">... </div>

<div class="footer text-center">
            This is the footer
</div>

Discard
Author

@Sajin thanks for the reply and method but sadly this will overwrite the default footer. I've already added a custom footer so I can't use this option :s I really need the content to be right above the footer.

@yenthe :- Did u got any solution?? I am also facing the same problem.

Author

@pks nothing would do exactly what I wanted so I decided to take a slightly other approach and just make a hardcoaded div.

Hello ! I try to make a custom footer ... Can you show your code to see how you did it ? :-)

Best Answer
 <div style="position:absolute; bottom:-xxpx;" >
my custom content
</div>
Discard
Best Answer

If you just want it floating above your current footer, you can create a new class in css, add bottom: xx px; also you can add some transparency and hover to reduce or increase transparency. if you don't want cause any obstructions to see the page content ...

there is a many ways to solve this problem.

Discard