This question has been flagged

I am using the ABN AMRO bank in Holland for my business. I can export bankstatements in .TAB (tab delimited) or MT940 format. I can find a lot of people trying to import from ABN AMRO, but i cannot find a solution for this (trivial?) problem.

How can i import bankstatements of ABN AMRO from internet banking?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi, There are 2 solutions. That is the TAB version (but not sepa compliant) or you can use the CAMT.053 format. YOu can use the modules here: https://code.launchpad.net/~banking-addons-team/banking-addons/banking-addons-70

Discard
Author

Hi Erwin. Thank you for the fast reply! If i understand correctly i should install either account_banking_mt940 for the MT940 ABN format, or account_banking_nl_abnamro for the .TAB format? When using account_banking_nl_abnamro i get "Afschriften gevonden voor rekening 0xxxxxxxxx, maar er is geen standaard dagboek aangemaakt." (no journal created in Dutch). I am not completely sure on how to create a default journal in OpenERP. The account_banking_mt940 description tells me it is basically just a framework and has no real functionality?

Author

Just for future reference: i added a journal for the bankaccount. When i did that, i could import the .TAB file using account_banking_nl_abnamro. Thank you Erwin!

Author

Unfortunately it does not work when there is an "Acceptgirobetaling" in my .TAB file: XXXXXXXXX EUR 20140125 xxxxx,84 xxxxx,84 20140125 -xxxxx,00 /TRTP/Acceptgirobetaling/IBAN/NL86INGB0002445588/BIC/INGBNL2A /NAME/Belastingdienst/REMI/ISSUER: CUR REF: 6158 3735XXXXXXXXXXX/EREF/XXXXXXXX/XXXX//XX/XXXXXXXXXX

As this is the "belastingdienst" (IRS in the US) i have these mutations rather often :( Did something change in the ABN format?